An Open Letter to Santa Clara Vanguard

I said this in the Finals thread but I just wanted to say it again here:

Thank you for giving me chills again! Thank you for bringing tears to these eyes and a lump in my throat again! Thank you for reminding me what what drum corps was and can be. Thank you for exhibiting class that just pours out every time I see you. But most of all...

Thank you for just being Santa Clara Vanguard!

YOU ARE MY CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR!!!

Edited by skajerk

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What skajerk said ... Beautiful show, amazing drum corps. Thank you, so much, Santa Clara!

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I said this in the Finals thread but I just wanted to say it again here:

Thank you for giving me chills again! Thank you for bringing tears to these eyes and a lump in my throat again! Thank you for reminding me what what drum corps was and can be. Thank you for exhibiting class that just pours out every time I see you. But most of all...

Thank you for just being Santa Clara Vanguard!

YOU ARE MY CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR!!!

*glomps TC* :tongue:

Dear SCV,

Thank you for some of the finest drum corps I have heard in my 10 years as a fan. I can't begin to count the number of times your show made me teary-eyed.

And an extra thanks for proving that in an age of Phd-level show concepts and technological gizmos, gadgets and doo-dads out the wazoo, simple, elegant, tasteful drum corps STILL WORKS, STILL gets a better crowd reaction than the newest fads and can be pretty bloody competitive at the same time.

Now come back do it again next year, ######! :tongue:

:tongue:

And an extra thanks for proving that in an age of Phd-level show concepts and technological gizmos, gadgets and doo-dads out the wazoo, simple, elegant, tasteful drum corps STILL WORKS, STILL gets a better crowd reaction than the newest fads and can be pretty bloody competitive at the same time.

Amen to that!

Thank you Santa Clara!!!!