So What Should They Do NEXT Year?

I want to see Crown play music from the movie Gettysburg

And I want someone to do a Frank Sinatra show or a Rat Pack show (There is so much music that Sinatra and the Rat Pack performed....but all the people no are the over-played songs)

BD doing Frank Sinatra(luck be a lady, when i was 17, drum solo, NY NY) would be my choice if I was the music director.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play...

Academy – Shostakovich

Blue Devils – “Tower of Blue Power” (the music of Tower of Power) … or remake Tommy with electronics

Blue Knights – Bartok, Barber

Blue Stars – some Cirque de Soleil music (since they seem to like props so much), would be a nice change for them

Bluecoats – music of Bill Chase (Invitation to a River, Open up Wide, Run back to Mama, Stay)

Boston – Divergents, Procession of Bacchus

Cavies – “Casanova” (music by Sinatra, Bond soundtrack, Austin Powers soundtrack, etc.)…make it sophisticated

Colts – Oklahoma or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Crossman – let’s try Jazz Rhapsody again

Crown – Godspell intertwined with Jesus Christ Superstar

Glassman – Hungarian Dances or Boris Godunov

HNC – Adventures in Time, Left Bank Express, Primal Scream, Pieces of Dreams

Madison – Billie Holiday Show: God Bless the Child, Lady Sings the Blues

Phantom – Wagner

SCV – Someone mentioned earlier in the thread “Young Person’s Guide…” - I like that idea! :cool:

Spirit – New Orleans Jazz

Troopers – Light Calvary Overture, Theme from Midnight Cowboy (great ballad), Ghost Riders in the Sky

I'm hoping someone does the music from the new batman movies at some point. It think it would work great for BK as the title could be "The Dark Knight". I know people are tired of that word play but this time it would be really cool!

I'm hoping someone does the music from the new batman movies at some point. It think it would work great for BK as the title could be "The Dark Knight". I know people are tired of that word play but this time it would be really cool!

It doesn't seem like movie music, at least recent movie music, is really getting its due in drum corps... Batman, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, et al all have great sound tracks... you wouldn't even have to theme an entire show around the subject, just use one of the pieces. I wonder why no one's tapping into them.

Remember when Pat Boone went metal?

Yep....big band jazz format....absolutely airtight arrangements and performance. Been listening to it for the past week, in fact.

And a corps connection....Wayne Bergeron (Lynwood Diplomats alum) is one of the musicians on the album.

Cavies – “Casanova” (music by Sinatra, Bond soundtrack, Austin Powers soundtrack, etc.)…make it sophisticated

I really like this idea. When someone mentioned Sinatra above, Cavies were the first corps that came to mind for me.