So What Should They Do NEXT Year?

I know 1812 has been done, but I've always wanted to see Phantom do this as 2 seperate corps, essentially divide the corps in half - half in all black, half in all white. Complete with cannons, etc... Man that would be awesome.

I would like to see a Civil War show...along your same lines...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to hear any corps do "La Fiesta Mexicana" by H. Owen Reed. Not sure if its been done in the past, but when I listen to the piece I have visions of an epic drum corps show. :shutup:

I think it would be most fitting for a corps like HNC, SCV, or CC.

Crown did it in 93 when they won Div II.

Crown did it in 93 when they won Div II.

Ah... okay. I just found a youtube video of the first half of the show. It was interesting... still, I think it would be awesome if a World Class Corps took a shot at it. 93 was over 15 years ago, after all...

Cavies could do a show called "Anger Management" featuring a medley of Judas Priest tunes; one can just imagine what the CG uni would look like. :shutup:

Blue Devils - I'd like to see them tackle something other than jazz. How about Michael Jackson.

I was going to suggest MJ, but I couldn't think of what corps I'd have do it. For some reason, Teal Sound came to mind (I guess they did do some of his sister this year)

Most of this is lifted directly from my suggestions on the same topic when it was done last year:

Crown-It Was All A Dream--they could toy with the darkside with Berlioz' March to the Scaffold as the main theme (imagine that intro with 16 tubas!) and cook a ballad with Sleepwalk.

Bluecoats-Gridiron. Building on the success of a sports-themed show back in 2008, Gridiron would pay tribute to their hometown of Canton, home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Spirit-Southern Rock. Someone could shout "FREEBIRD!" and actually get it!

Blue Devils-Rhapsody in Blue. <--I said this last year and they gave us some in 1930. Give us more!

Crossmen-Deep in the Heart--either keep with the heart theme or maket he theme Texas-based, either works.

SCV-Russian Easter Festival Overture (Rimsky-Korsakov) Both an artist and a theme at which they could excel.

Blue Knights-The Dark Knight--somewhat of a rehash, but base this one on the newer film.

Cadets-Bernstein's Chichester Psalms

Phantom Regiment-The Empire Strikes Back. Clearly the Holy Roman Empire took a hit in 2008, and then the corps that gave you that empire did this year.And c'mon, a corps all in white with a leader all in black? It begs for it.

Jersey Surf-Garden State. Music from Springsteen, Bon Jovi, the Four Seasons, and perhaps even the show Jersey Boys

Any corps: Unplugged. No amps, no synths, no narrative.

I've put a lot of thought into this. I think the Academy should do a Raising Arizona show, complete with banjo, whistling, and yodeling.

I think maybe Mason meant to say OR just music from the show Jersey Boys. Yes?

I don't care who does it, but someone should do John Mackey's "Asphalt Cocktail." Take a listen here.

Actually the more I think about it, I can see Crown playing this piece.