Mini Corps Championships....who will take second?

Tom,

In this mini corps show, the audience has ALWAYS won!

That's the beauty of it; we never know what to expect. I think there's far more creativity among the mini corps than there is among competing corps.

I'll be honest... In the past I've walked out of prelims - boooring. I even walked out of finals one year - boooooring. I've NEVER walked out of the mini corps show - because I had NO idea of what was coming up next, and couldn't wait to find out. And I've never been disappointed!

Andy

WOW Andy............short and sweet and to the point..........you've covered the whole concept of MiniCorps'....and for that....I thank you. :thumbup:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank, I think I know you and your competitive spirit well enough to see through this little canard... so tell me - just between us - what have you got up your sleeve? Joe Mosello? Goober? Both? Jeff Kievit? Ruben?

I'm hearing Madeline Khan in "An American Tail" ... "Pwepayah the Secwet Weapon!!!"

Somethings brewing. Ponzo only does humble when he's feeling like he's got an edge.

C'mon Frank. You can tell me. I won't tell that clown Moran...

errr I mean that master hornsman Strutta... (gotta watch that stuff that was close.)

Dude......nothing up my sleeves except for a powerful, jazzy spanish opener, a ballad that will bring tears to your eyes (in a good way), and a closer that will rip your face off!!!

PLUS......I don't need all those other names when I have a person like Paul Beaumont playing unbelievably well right now!!! :thumbup:

Doug is correct Ghost Riders dont suck at all....

Donny

Doug is correct Ghost Riders dont suck at all....

Donny

Dude......nothing up my sleeves except for a powerful, jazzy spanish opener, a ballad that will bring tears to your eyes (in a good way), and a closer that will rip your face off!!!

PLUS......I don't need all those other names when I have a person like Paul Beaumont playing unbelievably well right now!!! :thumbup:

Mass Brass will have something to say about the already decided outcome of the Mini Show! We're working hard to clean our show up, we will not go down without a fight! Our anti-Kenton Malaguena is gettin better every rehearsal, the Nocturnal ballad will have the crowd reaching for a cocktail and our closer will have them dancin in the aisles...heck maybe even Fallon might get up and shake his rather large booty! Now there's a visual!

It's gonna be a great night...Rod, Doug and Donnie....I don't think ANYONE counts out the "Riders"

PLUS......I don't need all those other names when I have a person like Paul Beaumont playing unbelievably well right now!!! :cool:

See... that's a little more like the Frank Ponzo we've come to know and errrr... mmmmm.... know.

That humility was two sizes too small for you, sire.

:cool::tongue:

Mass Brass will have something to say about the already decided outcome of the Mini Show! We're working hard to clean our show up, we will not go down without a fight! Our anti-Kenton Malaguena is gettin better every rehearsal, the Nocturnal ballad will have the crowd reaching for a cocktail and our closer will have them dancin in the aisles...heck maybe even Fallon might get up and shake his rather large booty! Now there's a visual!

It's gonna be a great night...Rod, Doug and Donnie....I don't think ANYONE counts out the "Riders"

Captain -

One thing I remember from you and Moran is that after a couple of beers I'm not sure if you could tell the difference between them dancing in the aisles and running for the exits...

ya know what I mean?

with all due respect of course to the other Masked Brassers... or is it Brassieres? I can never keep that straight.

Gotta go to my dance lesson now... getting ready for your performance...

Edited by rayfallon

Since everyone feels they know who will win the 2009 DCA Mini Corps title, who do YOU think will take second??

Feel free to discuss.....

Okay Frank the last time I spoke out on this I got blasted from both sides because I said they expect to win because they are StAR and now there bio's are made available just to back up why they win, and everyone else is just shooting for second or worse. This is now the "ALL AGE" DCA and when they opened up these floodgates I fully expected some DCI Corps to walk in and win DCA just because they could, well it didn't happen, not yet anyway. But being an old guy who marched his first DCA in 1967 and this is my opinion and no one else, let me say this that my respect for you and DA and all the others who entertained us and taught us and MARCHED in DCA will never come second to STAR in any venue ever as far as I'm concerned. STAR is simply awesome we all know that, but you and others like DA gave me and I'm sure alot of others who have watched and /or marched against you is what I always call "goose bump moments" something STAR does not do for me.No disrespect to STAR or any other DCI players comming to DCA, you are all weclome and if you deserve to win you should no argument here. But if i had my choice of listening to Fank Ponzo and his mini-corps , or with the CABS and DA with his mini-corps or with the ES or the BRIGS or STAR now or when they were a top DCI, sorry STAR you just came in third.

Okay Frank the last time I spoke out on this I got blasted from both sides because I said they expect to win because they are StAR and now there bio's are made available just to back up why they win, and everyone else is just shooting for second or worse. This is now the "ALL AGE" DCA and when they opened up these floodgates I fully expected some DCI Corps to walk in and win DCA just because they could, well it didn't happen........

It DID happen, in mini corps at least. It's up to the judges to determine and reward the type of show the majority of DCA folks want to hear. If that is Star, so be it. I did like Star United's show the year they played Candide and Horkstow Grange and an original opener that was very cool. Although played beautifully, Star's show didn't grab me as much as Mass Brass did last year. Let's hope the judges keep an open mind and ears to gauge the crowd favorite, not their website.

Edited by Borg Bari

Let's hope the judges keep an open mind and ears to gauge the crowd favorite, not their website.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is why we can't have nice things.

Oh, and for all of you who didn't like us last year, or think we are too "cerebral", then you will definitely like us even less this year.

Personally, this is how I feel about it...

ChristopherReeveSouthPark.jpg