Mini Corps Championships....who will take second?

I guess since you guys still arent talking about GR...if I can get everyone to a couple of practices, we are coming to compete as well. I am not sure if Frank and Strutta are leaving us out of this conversation on purpose to make Doug practice more or what LOL...We will do what we do and see how it shakes out.

BTW...I have always thought Star should have won on the years that they won.

Thanks Johnny T...I will do my best to provide some more goosebumps. I am sure that Frank will oblige as well.

And also so everyone knows the sheets that we are being judged on are the Music Effect sheets that the DCA corps use in competition, not the Execution sheets...so if by chance you are a little less clean but more effective than another mini corps, you should still score higher in a perfect world.

Good luck to all of the mini corps.

Donny

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did see that he's been a member of Kilties also, didn't you? I don't see how your comment is justified.

What does that have to do with anything, he was speaking as a member of Star. I also had positive things to say about Star United in certain years. Hey, just because somebody isn't enraptured over everything you do all the time is no reason to be over-reacting. That's what happened on that other thread, I saw it all before the edits. Everybody has to get over this "poor Star" syndrome". Some years are better than others, as it is with ALL corps. Even your less entertaining years still win, what do you have to be defensive or aggressive about?

I guess since you guys still arent talking about GR...if I can get everyone to a couple of practices, we are coming to compete as well. I am not sure if Frank and Strutta are leaving us out of this conversation on purpose to make Doug practice more or what LOL...

Donny

You'll notice I did not mention any other mini corps by name beyond Star and Mass Brass (my corps). I do not count anyone out until the reults are announced.

As for making Doug practice more, methinks you give me and Frankie WAAAAYYY too much power!!!! :thumbup:

When Doug gets mad he plays much better. Thats why I #### him off every time I can. I am using your comments as motivation.

Thanks John!

Donny

When Doug gets mad he plays much better. Thats why I #### him off every time I can. I am using your comments as motivation.

Thanks John!

Donny

Whew ...... that Donny, he's a real piece of work !!! Good thing I'm zonable ...... and don't have thin skin, or his brow beating would bother me. As far as my playing ability ...... just wait to you hear our mellie line, supported by that warm and fuzzy bari section of ours. Then add our trumpet section and magic happens. Yes, the show will be played FOR THE FANS of mini corps. Everyone wants to win and trys their best to get there.

The only one who grabs 1st place and becomes the Champion is that 1st place corps.

As my lovely wife Sherry Mooney says : Everyone remembers won won ...... the rest does not matter. That is the fact when talking on this post or archiving history of 1st place.

The activity along with all the hard work is what makes it special when things click !!!

Having a good time with pride in the performance and fun rehearsals is what mini corps is all about. Too much emphasis on getting that 1st place spot will sometimes remove the feeling of accomplishment from the membership and leave them very best dissapointed.

We will come prepared. We had a great winter, a fun summer so far getting ready, and now finishing touches. THE FANS WILL WIN. If everyone worked with this kind of attitude, the entire show from everyone on stage that night would no doubt be much better for the entire DCA fan base. I can only hope that other corps (although I'm not sure how they work) believe in this concept as well.

THE GHOST RIDERS MOTTO .... "GOOD PEOPLE ; GOOD MUSIC : GOOD TIMES".

See You all in Rochester and let it rip !!!!! Later, Doug

I saw the results of the Mini-Corps poll. It's interesting to see everyone's opinion. It is what it is- it's just for fun. Who will take second? Again, who knows- but I agree with several of the posts on this thread.... the crowd is the one that REALLY wins!!!

My first season with Star U, I was UBER-excited & came in with the "WANNA WIN!" mindset. After a couple camps, I voiced those thoughts to some of the other members - and was taught a quick lesson. When we get to Rochester, the goal we seek is all in the quality of our show. If we are proud of the product we deliver & the crowd truly appreciates it - we win. Not meaning "win" the contest- but succeeding in the task at hand. If that earns us the Donna Ernst trophy- then thats awesome & over the past 2 years, I have been humbled to achieve that.

The day will come that Star United doesn't earn the trophy. Just as someone will eventually knock off the Bucs. (4-time consecutive defending champs) When that day comes, will I be sad? Maybe. If I know we didn't perform the show as well as we could have - for ourselves and for the crowd.... but I would think thats the same way we all would feel.

Bottom line - it truly is the fans that win!!

I can't wait!!!!

P.S. -

To the minority of folks, no one person(s) in particular, that still have some kind of problem with Star, or anything related to Star - I'm not sorry, and I think you're funny - no hard feelings.

I've been called odd because I enjoy "INFOMERCIALS" I think these are great.

Has anyone posted a line up yet of the I&E mini-corps performing?

Edited by Ben Martinez

Minicorps is a retahded name. It's so diminutive. How about changing it to can't-recruit-a-colorguard-corps, too-lazy-to-march-corps, or if-they-charged-admission-no-one-would-show-corps. :thumbup:

Just kidding, mini corps is a great name. The real drum corps should be renamed to maxi corps. :thumbup:

Edited by Ralphy

I've been called odd because I enjoy "INFOMERCIALS" I think these are great.

Has anyone posted a line up yet of the I&E mini-corps performing?

Ben,

Tom Peashey posted this list a couple of weeks ago (Aug 5):

"As of today... this is the mini corps order of appearance... at least one more is in process of applying... lots of room for more. I&E people... we need to get working on this... applications are SLOW... let's get it done now...

Generations

Freelancers

Gulf Coast

Vigilantes

Traditions

Sky Alumni

Capital Brass

Minne Brass

Ghost Riders

Music City Legend

Golden Eagles

Mass Brass

Star United"

Corps appear in their reverse order of finish and I believe that new corps are placed in the order in which their applications are received.

It's a shame that the Renegades won't be participating in this year's show, they are missed.

At any rate, it's going to be a GREAT show as I believe the level of performance rises each and every year :thumbup:

Paul