DCA TV spot now online

Glen

Lee

Wait until you see the yearbook Lee... Don is a genius

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that would make it better would be some historical footage of Crunchy Frog.

On a serious note.....

Couldnt local TV stations use these spots as the required non-profit filler that they are required to have? If so... every DCA local show should see if they could run it.

use of tv ad as pro bono...

in some local areas - a charity running a show might be able to swing this if they have enough political clout... in larger markets - dream on... they (both local TV stations and cable networks) fulfill their required pro bono by inticing you with additional coverage... for every so many minutes purchased - as a non profit organization - they give you so many extra free... and use that to keep uncle sam happy...

we take what we can get... but trust me... it's still expensive.

I believe that Tom, but at least having the option for local markets is a plus

I can imagine some of the critics of this wonderful piece of work on a Circle Line cruise in New York Harbor.

"Why isn't the torch in the left hand?"

:tongue:

I think that the key is that in doing anything for DCA, you have to keep in mind that the DCA fans and members are VERY passionate and vocal about their activity, especially when it comes to introducing something new (instrumentation, rules, marketing, show order, whatever). So, on Day 1, my first discussion with everyone on this project who was not familiar with drum corps was that no matter what we do here -- good, bad or indifferent -- there will be some very loud complaints from within the activity. This reaction was expected and planned for -- but it's not inherently a bad thing, because except for a few people on RAMD, these complaints do not come because people hate the drum corps activity, but rather, because they love it. So, as long as you keep that in mind going in and don't allow the negativity to throw you out of your game, everything will be fine.

The other aspect of any project I work on (drum corps or otherwise) that I keep in mind is what I call the 25% Rule. If 25% of the people who see your project for the first time openly hate it, you have hit the marketing "sweet spot," and you are probably right on target to make something that will pique the interest of a lot of people, and will ultimately stand the test of time. If more than 25% of people dislike your project, it is probably not going to work.

If 100% of your audience likes something, however, you are in very dangerous territory, as that usually means that your project is safe, average and boring from a marketing standpoint, and that interest in it will die off relatively quickly. So, when I unveil something for the first time (film, drum corps show concept, article, script, whatever), and a few people hate it and go nuts right off the bat, I take that as a good sign ... especially since a few vocal critics often tend to drive more people to check out your project, rather than avoid it. Sometimes, a little controversy is often the best PR money can buy. Make sense?

I think that the key is that in doing anything for DCA, you have to keep in mind that the DCA fans and members are VERY passionate and vocal about their activity, especially when it comes to introducing something new (instrumentation, rules, marketing, show order, whatever). So, on Day 1, my first discussion with everyone on this project who was not familiar with drum corps was that no matter what we do here -- good, bad or indifferent -- there will be some very loud complaints from within the activity. This reaction was expected and planned for -- but it's not inherently a bad thing, because except for a few people on RAMD, these complaints do not come because people hate the drum corps activity, but rather, because they love it. So, as long as you keep that in mind going in and don't allow the negativity to throw you out of your game, everything will be fine.

The other aspect of any project I work on (drum corps or otherwise) that I keep in mind is what I call the 25% Rule. If 25% of the people who see your project for the first time openly hate it, you have hit the marketing "sweet spot," and you are probably right on target to make something that will pique the interest of a lot of people, and will ultimately stand the test of time. If more than 25% of people dislike your project, it is probably not going to work.

If 100% of your audience likes something, however, you are in very dangerous territory, as that usually means that your project is safe, average and boring from a marketing standpoint, and that interest in it will die off relatively quickly. So, when I unveil something for the first time (film, drum corps show concept, article, script, whatever), and a few people hate it and go nuts right off the bat, I take that as a good sign ... especially since a few vocal critics often tend to drive more people to check out your project, rather than avoid it. Sometimes, a little controversy is often the best PR money can buy. Make sense?

Critics...schmitics.........I LIKE IT........finishing my 51st year in this acticity and I commend people like Lee for taking the time to do this. :tongue: NOTE: This PROMO comes from the Left Coast folks !!!

Edited by melligene

I can imagine some of the critics of this wonderful piece of work on a Circle Line cruise in New York Harbor.

"Why isn't the torch in the left hand?"

:tongue:

Tonight on my way home I'm going to look over at our Lady and just crack up thinking of this comment. Thanks Ace! :worthy: