Worst Championships Venue

LA should build this

NFL-Stadium-Los-Angeles-USA-.jpg

yes, yes they should. That would kick the crap out of the rose bowl.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why such a big difference between Madison '06 and Madison '02?

Lots of construction going on in 2002. No warm up spots. Corps had to park a million miles from the stadium.

Much better in 06.

After reading the OP, I just realized that I haven't been to finals in ten years!!! :peek: :peek: :peek::throwupen::wow::thumbdown: :thumbdown: :peek::tic::ohmy:

We need to have an NFL team down here first, unfortunately.

But we need a super-duper stadium before we get an NFL team.

And we need an NFL team before we get a super-duper stadium.

And we need a super-duper stadium before we get an NFL team.

And, ah, skip it.

We need to have an NFL team down here first, unfortunately.

If you build it, they will come :throwupen:

If you build it, they will come :throwupen:

I'm trying to remember how the LA guys blew it the last time....

Let's face it, tho...if building a new stadium is going to be the key point, it ain't happening for years....not in this economy.

I'm trying to remember how the LA guys blew it the last time....

Let's face it, tho...if building a new stadium is going to be the key point, it ain't happening for years....not in this economy.

Actually, now wouldnt be a bad time to do it. Could probably get a bargain on the construction cost (since demand is down) and by the time its up and ready the economy will probably be coming back.

Actually, now wouldnt be a bad time to do it. Could probably get a bargain on the construction cost (since demand is down) and by the time its up and ready the economy will probably be coming back.

Possibly.....but with no guarantee of a team, I think it'd be a hard sell.

And frankly,I would rather have an expansion team than take someone else's team.

Where would the money come from for that complex?? I doubt it would qualify under stimulus funding....it would certainly create a crapload of design, construction, and supply work, but it wouldn't really immediately benefit the county the way other infrastructure projects would.

It would be a good source of construction jobs. If either Los Angeles or California could print their own money, such a project would be very Hoover Dam-like in its positive economic impact.

But the severe lack of funds is going to kibosh any real attempt at publicly funding the thing. And private investors have proven very reluctant to put up the money for a new stadium, over the course of the last twenty years.