Worst Championships Venue

Didn't Boston have a little "run in" with the locals in Miami just before they performed?

Yep. IIRC a couple of tenors were being attacked- the rest off the corps comes round the corner... end of fight. I wasn't there but a good friend of mine was. He said a machete was involved! Back then you didn't mess with Saders - they were bad ##s.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas: I liked the stadium - great parking. BUT the city didn't even know we were in town and I'm not sure who to blame for that. Semi's get out and the wife and I head to Pizza Hut not a couple of miles away. They closed the doors on us. I told them that there's a couple of thousand of hungry folks were headed down the road. No dice.

Miami was pretty bad too. The stadium was in a war zone. We were bussed in and told not to leave the stadium. The BAC story attests to this. Stayed in a school with no AC, no windows, no bathroom stalls, and the lockers were steel cabled shut. Hotter than snot and it rained every darn afternoon.

Oh I forgot, back then there was no such thing as sun block. Every one fried; even to the point of being hospitalized.

No contest.... the Rose Bowl. Loved California, but the seats were soooooooo small & tight & uncomfortable. The curve of the slope of the stadium put you too far away for both sound & viewing.

As an 08/09 marching member...

I liked the stadium in 08.. Great for Drum corps, what if quarter finals was here?

but being in lucas oil rocked. Really big! Great environment (especially for corps that go on before sunset). maybe not best acoustics, but lets listen to the cd before we finalize that decision. I felt fine listening to corps in it, but prefer small high school because of how close you can sit to the drum corps and get your face melted.

Worst stadium - Lucas Oil by a wide margin - the acoustics were terrible.

Worst cities - Pasadena and Atlanta. For me going to nats is a guys trip not a family vacation. If it were the latter I would prefer cities like Pasadena and Atlanta. For a guys trip the college towns are fun. Madison and Bloomington were great. Indy and Denver were also small enough to still be good.

I've been to Madison (4 times), Atlanta, Bloomington, Denver, Pasadena, and Indy.

I went to DCI finals from 2002-2008. Here is my ranking.

1. Denver 2004

2. Madison 2006

3. Foxboro 2005

4. Bloomington 2008

5. Pasadena 2007

6. Madison 2002

7. Orlando 2003

I went to DCI finals from 2002-2008. Here is my ranking.

1. Denver 2004

2. Madison 2006

3. Foxboro 2005

4. Bloomington 2008

5. Pasadena 2007

6. Madison 2002

7. Orlando 2003

Why such a big difference between Madison '06 and Madison '02?