Most Consecutive Top 3 Finishes

Most consecutive top ONE finishes:

83-85 Gahfield

00-02 Cavaliers

Top THAT!! :throwupen:

True, but Santa Clara, in the years '85, '86 and '87 never placed 3rd at any contest. Only 1st and 2nd. I think BD might have some years like that too! Gaahfield?! Not sure.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers had all kinds of problems with the Blue Devils in 2001. In fact, they only beat BD twice before finals week, whereas BD beat Cavies like 12 times or more. So, that whole consecutive thing is totally out the window. Unless your talking about just finals. But thats weak. We're talking about sustained greatness, not just a fancy design staff and a finals week push.

The Cavaliers placed third at Finals in Madison on August 14, 1999. They wouldn't place third at any contest again until July 2, 2007, in Centerville OH.

True, but Santa Clara, in the years '85, '86 and '87 never placed 3rd at any contest. Only 1st and 2nd. I think BD might have some years like that too! Gaahfield?! Not sure.

Garfield was either 1st or 2nd in every contest from 1983 through 1985. They lost to BD once in that span, in 1984 (one tie in 1983). Otherwise, they lost to SCV 7x (and 2 ties), PR 2x and Madison 2x. This is from memory, so I'm going to check my work now. :throwupen:

And to those who tireless blame SCV's 1980 placement on cutting edge asymmetry (that "unable to properly judge" excuse), they finished 8th in drums and 7th in horns. Their best numbers were GE Visual and Marching analysis. How about: hey, they were just average that year.

Garfield did it way better 2 years later. Had they not finished 2nd in horns, they never would have placed 3rd overall.

Cavaliers had all kinds of problems with the Blue Devils in 2001. In fact, they only beat BD twice before finals week, whereas BD beat Cavies like 12 times or more. So, that whole consecutive thing is totally out the window. Unless your talking about just finals. But thats weak. We're talking about sustained greatness, not just a fancy design staff and a finals week push.

Youre only as good as your last show :)

Plus I mean how close were they the whole season...you cant tell me BD was 2 pointing them untill finals week..

Garfield was either 1st or 2nd in every contest from 1983 through 1985. They lost to BD once in that span, in 1984 (one tie in 1983). Otherwise, they lost to SCV 7x (and 2 ties), PR 2x and Madison 2x. This is from memory, so I'm going to check my work now. :tongue:

And to those who tireless blame SCV's 1980 placement on cutting edge asymmetry (that "unable to properly judge" excuse), they finished 8th in drums and 7th in horns. Their best numbers were GE Visual and Marching analysis. How about: hey, they were just average that year.

Garfield did it way better 2 years later. Had they not finished 2nd in horns, they never would have placed 3rd overall.

Especially since George Zingali's 1980 27th Lancer drill was much more a smoother transitional "ride" than SCV's 80 drill (no, Im not starting anything but ut was the impact of the Lancers and Zingalis style that moved drill design forward)

G

The Cavaliers placed third at Finals in Madison on August 14, 1999. They wouldn't place third at any contest again until July 2, 2007, in Centerville OH.

Not quite.

June 22, 2001 - Dothan, AL

78.10 Blue Devils

77.10 The Cadets

76.70 The Cavaliers

69.30 Crossmen

64.30 Spirit

But that was the only exception. 1st or 2nd at every other show from 2000 through 07/02/07.

Since this is the first time in 10 years Cavaliers didn't finish in the top 3, I checked to see who else has had such an amazing streak.

12 - Blue Devils '75 - '86

11 - Blue Devils '94 - 04

10 - Cavaliers '99 - '08

9 - SCV '81 - '89

8 - SCV '73 - '79

7 - Cadets '92 - '98

Four pretty remarkable corps.

Er, you almost got it right. SCV took third in '72 (which still adds up to the #8 you have on there). So basically we were the first to have a "Streak" of some sort from the very beginning of DCI! :tongue: