Temperature remains issue in LOS

I doubt it, since the possibility that the stadium would not be finished was discussed before hand and even mentioned in one of the FAQ's when the announcement was made. There was a contingency plan in place....which was used... so I am sure that was all included in the contract.

The silver lining to that is....now we only need to worry about 9 years at LOS right? (well 8 more now)

Oh okay, that makes sense.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but its gonna be hard to compare any Finals experience to the one we all felt in Bloomington....regardless of location.

How much money would DCI save by having the Championships in Bloomington? I would think it would save a lot. Also, when was the last time it rained at finals?

But that's what's always separated the major regionals from the finals for me. The regionals are fun, but finals, being the only competition I ever make it to that's outdoors and features more than just California corps just feels and sounds amazing. Bloomington was absolutely incredible, where as LOS felt like a regional. I didn't show up to it or leave it with nearly the same excitement that I did the year before.

Maybe it's just me though, but finals just feel so much more right when they are outdoors.

It was a very fortunately cool weekend in Bloomingville last summer for finals. Don't get spoiled. It can easily be hovering just about the century mark with 90+% humidity throughout the entire evening.

It was a very fortunately cool weekend in Bloomingville last summer for finals. Don't get spoiled. It can easily be hovering just about the century mark with 90+% humidity throughout the entire evening.

ah memories of Orlando, Miami, and Jackson :sarcasm:

To support this...

Take a look at weather reports for Bloomington, IN for August 11, 2007 (when Finals were occuring in Pasadena). 93 degree high temp and an average of 67% humidity. Look at this year as well...88 degree high and 71% average humidity. Not as bad as 2007 but not as good as 2008 either.

How much money would DCI save by having the Championships in Bloomington? I would think it would save a lot. Also, when was the last time it rained at finals?

I know that it rained 2005 in Boston. I was in the audience and had to leave my seat for awhile.

I'm not sure we have even broken 90 this summer in Chicago

summers around here are not what they use to be

must be all that global warming... :sarcasm:

I think we did for the first time last week.

I get into the city as much as I can. (I used to live in the south suburbs but live in northwest Indiana now.) Feel like doing Chinatown some time?