DCI Twin Cities?

The new Minnesota Gophers football stadium looks like it would be a perfect venue for a finals site. Moreover, the Twin Cities would be great for a championship host location. Lots of culture, a huge supporter of the performing arts, and well known for drum corps and drum corps shows in the surrounding communities.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a 10 year contract, or something like that, with Indy for finals?

That new stadium is SICK.

Well, at least the part that has the band room. They put a BAND ROOM in a football stadium! I like that. It's a pretty sweet facility. Large rehearsal hall with high ceiling, practice rooms, offices, instrument storage, even a lobby!

One thing that new stadium won't have though... a Little Brown Jug. :)

I had the pleasure of being at the Gophers first scrimmage. Wow, what a stadium. To me it was as electric and set up as well as a pro stadium. Just because of the DCI 10-year contract with LOS, it obviously won't come here soon, but what about adding an extra show in the Twin Cities, or even making it a much bigger show, not exactly a regional, but maybe as big an event as Normal, IL. I went to that show this year and the venue, the people, the fact there was a camp there all week, what a great show. That's what I'd like to see at the new Minnesota stadium.

The new Minnesota Gophers football stadium looks like it would be a perfect venue for a finals site. Moreover, the Twin Cities would be great for a championship host location.

Yeah, let's move it even farther North. Indianapolis is bad enough......

So are you saying you want it in Tiger Stadium? That'd be nice...except for the humidity.

Yeah, because Orlando and Jackson, MS were GREAT areas for a championship. You can never have too much rain. :rolleyes:

I don't care if it's finals, a regional, or just a first tour show: there needs to be a show at TCF Bank Stadium. The only downsides I can see are parking and long walks for warm-up spots. Other than that, this stadium would be a perfect fit for drum corps.

Too bad the Gophers will still suck. :doh:

EDIT: Here's a good

, just for reference. Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

Agreed, the more shows up north in the summer the better.

Twin Cities = DCI Midwest

That new stadium is SICK.

Well, at least the part that has the band room. They put a BAND ROOM in a football stadium! I like that. It's a pretty sweet facility. Large rehearsal hall with high ceiling, practice rooms, offices, instrument storage, even a lobby!

One thing that new stadium won't have though... a Little Brown Jug. :)

That's great that it has a band hall.

I was wondering, if it rains in Indy supposedly the show can go on at LOS. But how do the corps warm up, dress, unload equipment etc. Is there any where in Lucas or the neighboring convention center for all the prep to take place?

I know there were one or two other events taking place in Indy at the convention center during championship week. Therefore, not all, if any, of the convention center would have been available.