2009 DCA Finals Show - Live Thread

I remember one show in 72 when the Bridgemen horn line got a 13.5 from one judge and a 10.5 from the other one.

so one side was good and one side sucked. it happens

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so one side was good and one side sucked. it happens

But you just said it kept the judges "on it"....

Look, I marched during the tic system. It sucked then, and it would suck now. It would be impossible to judge today's shows on that crappy old system. Just like it would be a terrible idea to judge a show from 30 years ago on today's system.

Don, good one!

geeze don't they realize there is 2 sides to a hornline? 2 sides to m&m. that's different juges. how many times did we see lopsided drills on one side but not the other? or one side of a hornline cracking and not the other. meh is this rocket science. i told you it would rile up the yunguns.

O.K. first of all the drill was way to dirty for DCI Finals standards. I dont believe the hornline was clean enough for DCI Finals standards, plus the Guards drill was not complicated enought for DCI Finals standards.

Look I know your a Bucs fan and I believed that the Bucs deserved to win, however there score was inflated.

Plus there DCA Finals show would not have made the top 15 at DCI Finals.

I think I have a pretty good idea what would make finals in DCI. I teach over there...

But you just said it kept the judges "on it"....

Look, I marched during the tic system. It sucked then, and it would suck now. It would be impossible to judge today's shows on that crappy old system. Just like it would be a terrible idea to judge a show from 30 years ago on today's system.

now you tell me why it sucked and why was it subjective. i was a judge untill they dumped the tick system cause nobody was gonna tell me what spreads to use that night.

I have no idea what piece of music the Grenadiers are playing here, but I rather like it. Sounds like something from an early 60's detective movie.

Edited by SunSop66

Maybe we need the drum corps version of an asteroid to kill off all the dinosaurs :)

This 2009 Reading corps was, quite simply, the best DCA corps I have ever seen. They would have made finals at DCI in Indy.

You are kidding right!

I really liked the show this year and felt it was the best in the five year run but I wouldn't go that far to say they would make DCI finals.

Edited by Canuck DCGroupie

I think I have a pretty good idea what would make finals in DCI. I teach over there...

O.K. so based on your "experience" you are telling me that The Bucs show was better than Phantom?

Better than the Blue Knights?

Troopers?

Glassmen?

Bluecoats?

Caveliers?

All of these Corps were in Finals in DCI 09, and I can honestly tell you there Drill was cleaner than the Bucs.

But hey I'm just a humble corps Alum from 1 top five Junior Corps, 1 top 10 Junior Corps, and 1 top 5 Senior Corps.

I dont have your "experience", however I do know what mistakes in drill and music both look and sound like.

They did not perform a 99 show, and they would not have made finals in DCI.

Yes I do realise that my opinion is subjective, but it is my opinion based on my "experience".