DCI dvd pricing

ohbaby

Okay, I understand that when you buy the bundles, you get a discount, as you should.

My question is, why is the top 12 dvd $99, and volume 2 which has 9 corps $39? I am not trying to hint that DCI should raise Vol. 2 in price, but why so much more for Vol.1 when it only has 3 more corps? I understand back in the day when the top 6 had all the commentary and camera angles, but this does not make any sense, hence that all dvds are multi/high cam only.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I understand that when you buy the bundles, you get a discount, as you should.

My question is, why is the top 12 dvd $99, and volume 2 which has 9 corps $39? I am not trying to hint that DCI should raise Vol. 2 in price, but why so much more for Vol.1 when it only has 3 more corps? I understand back in the day when the top 6 had all the commentary and camera angles, but this does not make any sense, hence that all dvds are multi/high cam only.

I totally Agree. I much Much prefer the format with the judges coments and multiple choices of camera angles over the product I received this last time And the disparity in pricing IS puzzling. HMMM ???

It sure sounds like another example of DCI devaluing the lower tier corps.

Of course people will pay.... but would more people pay less for cheaper top 12.... (as opposed to how many people buy it, and then make copies for all their friends..)

Not paying $100 for DVDs anymore, especially when there isn't as much content as there used to be. I can wait a year or two for the price to drop to $40.

Not paying $100 for DVDs anymore, especially when there isn't as much content as there used to be. I can wait a year or two for the price to drop to $40.

Yeah, add me to this list too.

No, it's an example of DCI making the lower-tier corps more accessible.

Or gouging the few that can afford to pay $100 for dvds, at the expense of a ton of potential exposure.