Finally, DCI Acknowledges "Issues" At LOS

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously now, do you folks ever stop complaining? At least DCI has stepped forward to acknowledge that there are issues with the stadium, to me that seems to be a good step in the right direction. LOS is NEVER, repeat, NEVER going to be an outdoor stadium, so no matter what fixes they try to implement, the reverb will always be there. If you can't get over that, then perhaps it's time to break from Championships until 2018 or whenever DCI decides to move out.

Seriously now, do you folks ever stop complaining? At least DCI has stepped forward to acknowledge that there are issues with the stadium, to me that seems to be a good step in the right direction. LOS is NEVER, repeat, NEVER going to be an outdoor stadium, so no matter what fixes they try to implement, the reverb will always be there. If you can't get over that, then perhaps it's time to break from Championships until 2018 or whenever DCI decides to move out.

Done and done. By the way, the accoustics and the weather were beautiful at The DCA OUTDOOR Championships. :ph34r:

So what I'm getting out of what you are saying is that if a company, who has been given concerns about a product and downplay those concerns, decides to go through with a particular direction and it is the wrong one. As long as they say they're working on fixing the problem, people shouldn't complain? I mean don't get on them, because they acknowledged the problem that they knew they were going to have? Come on... That's total Bull. Oh well. There's no wonder why this country is in the shape it's currently in if that's the common response to this sort of behavior!

That said, this is an improvement. Before, it was all sunshine and roses, the stadium is great, etc. The first step to changing that was to admit there were problems and look into them. Did you all really expect that they would be redesigning the stadium to better suit your needs a month after the season ended, in the middle of football season no less??? Look, i realize more needs to be done, but this seems like an odd thing to complain about. Also, in the email I got from dci, things were much better phrased than the way the op listed them. Not sure why the discrepancy....

what did you guys think of the audio of crown?

I just bought the download of Crown's Quarterfinals performance, and I was disappointed because the pit frequently overwhelmed the horn line. I actually thought that the Fan Network video recording of Crown from Allentown was better. I think it is interesting that the excerpt that DCI chose is one in which the pit is downplayed, and the horn line is up close to the front sideline for the climax of that piece. I noticed that when I listened to the Quarterfinals clip. I am concerned about the quality, given this.

If DCI is locked into a contract now, there are bigger morons than I had thought and clearly don’t know how to negotiate a contract, clearly.

Let’s just stop pretending this stadium is fixable, its not. LOS failed to be ready on time and failed to install all the acoustic bafflers they had promised, why would DCI give them another chance to make good? They are 0 for 2 or 22% of the contracted time at the stadium has been a failure

I’m from Chicago and when I see folks clinging this hard to stick with an obviously bogus deal it means one of two things – they are in over their head and already screwed up and trying to cover up the fact they failed or they are being greased. I would not be surprised if this botched deal has been economically good for DCI yet, I have see no evidence of this as a fan or from the corps. Did they get to pocket a free year of stadium rental or perhaps 2 from 2008 screw up? If DCI knows how to write a contract, they should have had LOS pay for the stadium at Bloomington and give them a year (at least) free at LOS.

I’m really disappointed in DCI. No, I’m disgusted. The week after finals I sent a note to my Friends of DCI representative and I’ve heard nothing back. It’s an absolute failure on their part. My personal dealings with DCI shows me their true level of professionalism which is bush league

I just completed the survey and, I must say, the questions asked were all very pertinent. They asked about the "quality" of several things. Even asked who I'd have voted to win based on several categories including "entertainment value". Never seen such a comprehensive survey from DCI before. There were a couple of stupid questions, like "...would you prefer to sit higher or lower?" and didn't give me a choice of "about the same". But they did give me the chance to explain why, which is where I put "about the same".

I think you nay-sayers need to cool your heels for a bit and see how their feedback is used. If next year is the same as last year then you'll have the basis to b**ch, as will I.

For those of you who have written off the activity because of the first year in a new venue I say "Shame on you, and good bye. You're a fair-weather fan who's in it for what it does FOR YOU exclusively and give little credit to what the experience does for the performing kids. The activity doesn't need you and, frankly, those of us who are willing to forgo our own gratification while DCI gets the bugs worked out for THE BENEFIT THAT THE ACTIVITY BRINGS TO THE KIDS ON THE FIELD, don't need you either! Good-bye.

There, I said it and I'm done. Let the huffy retorts begin.

the excerpt that DCI chose is one in which the pit is downplayed, and the horn line is up close to the front sideline for the climax of that piece. .

That sound deliberately deceptive….which is in line considering with DCI and seems to be their current MO...all the promises they made about the roof being open and the state of the art acoustic features that were never installed, didn’t work or were just a bold face lie.