Worst Guard Outfit

fifer

Worst Guard Outfit  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options was the worst guard outfit?

• 2009 Madison Scouts (Nacho Libre)
    • 2003 Cavaliers (TIGHT lime green biker shorts)
    • 2002 Carolina Crown (pastel togas)
    • Other (post your own option)

You guys ARE aware that the Madison show was based on a latin superhero, right? Not just a copy og Black Lightning made up for their program??

I know who Relampago AND El Gatto Negro are, as well as being able to spot a Pulp hero, but hey, LCD is apparently what some people want. :rolleyes:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys ARE aware that the Madison show was based on a latin superhero, right? Not just a copy og Black Lightning made up for their program??

No, I was completely unaware. Completely clueless. Most people were also clueless. That is why the winner of the poll, so far, is Nacho Libre. Most people, like me, assumed that these uniforms were based on a wrestler, not a comic book super hero.

Most people in my age category probably have no clue who Black Lightning, or Relampago, or any other comic book character is - unless they were popular before 1980. I haven't read a comic book in 30 years. Why don't I read comic books anymore? Because I am an adult, not a child. Comic books are for children, and I stopped being a child a long time ago.

If we are supposed to know this minutia, in order to know the show, then sorry. I'll be sure to go out, and buy a stack of comic books before next year's tour, so I will know how to interpret the shows. :rolleyes:

No, I was completely unaware. Completely clueless. Most people were also clueless. That is why the winner of the poll, so far, is Nacho Libre. Most people, like me, assumed that these uniforms were based on a wrestler, not a comic book super hero.

Most people in my age category probably have no clue who Black Lightning, or Relampago, or any other comic book character is - unless they were popular before 1980. I haven't read a comic book in 30 years. Why don't I read comic books anymore? Because I am an adult, not a child. Comic books are for children, and I stopped being a child a long time ago.

If we are supposed to know this minutia, in order to know the show, then sorry. I'll be sure to go out, and buy a stack of comic books before next year's tour, so I will know how to interpret the shows. :rolleyes:

It was also on Madison's website, if I remember right....you could've read there, y'know.

Yes, stack of comics indeed.

Just in case you don't know, lots of adults do read comic books and their dollars are in part responsible for comic books continuing to circulate. I know adults who read the funnies in the newspaper and watch cartoons, too. Adults go to arcades and play video games. These are all forms of entertainment and not necessarily childish. I would suggest that you don't read comic books because they don't appeal to you. That doesn't mean that they would appeal to you if you were still a child.

I don’t know if you can spin an epee as opposed to a saber.

Just in case you don't know, lots of adults do read comic books and their dollars are in part responsible for comic books continuing to circulate.

I am conscious of this fact. And there is perhaps no more sad commentary, on the state of our society today.

Our society permits plenty of childish behavior by adults - because they are adults who never grew up. They were never forced to start behaving like adults. The continued to act like teenagers, because they felt it made them look "cool" or "hip" or "with-it".

Adults should act like adults, so that children can learn from them. Then eventually the children can start acting like adults as well. That is the way that people are supposed to mature - but somehow, this cycle has been broken today. Adults don't model adult behavior to children, and hence, children don't learn to act like adults. That's why our society is populated with "Fifty-year-old teenagers".

I have never quoted Scripture in this forum before, but in this circumstance, I feel compelled to. Here it goes:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I Corinthians 13:11