Worst Guard Outfit

fifer

Worst Guard Outfit  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options was the worst guard outfit?

• 2009 Madison Scouts (Nacho Libre)
    • 2003 Cavaliers (TIGHT lime green biker shorts)
    • 2002 Carolina Crown (pastel togas)
    • Other (post your own option)

Don't forget, The Flintstones were made and marketed originally as a cartoon for adults. So adults have been disappointing oldschoolbc for decades and generations now....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Wow can't say I ever disagreed with a post more on here that wasn't in the old C.E. forum. When we were children we rode bikes. Are you saying it is wrong to do so now as an adult? Comic books, while not my preference, are enabling ones mind to imagine, not stagnate. How can that be wrong? I love to read, and credit my mother for the same. She never told me what it was I was supposed check out from the library, just that reading was good for you. I've passed the same along to my son.

I'm assuming that those who march alumni corps are also supposed to feel the wrath of your posted scripture as well.....Thought there was something in scripture about judging others lest ye be judged.....

If you are 50-year-old man, and you need to lose weight, and if you want to take up bike-riding as part of an exercise program - fine.

If you are 50-year-old man, and you pretend you are still an 8-year-old, by putting baseball cards between the spokes of your Schwinn 10-speed - not fine.

People should act their age. I find few things more appalling, than grown men and women who refuse to do this. They set the worst possible example for young people to emulate.

If you want your child to someday act like an adult, then act like one yourself. Instead of reading comic books, read the newspaper or news magazine - so that hopefully your children will do the same one day. Then they won't end up blissfully ignorant of what is taking place in the world around them.

Lord, this society is in big, big trouble.

50 year olds acting their age are exactly what’s wrong with the world. 50 year olds wage war; 50 year olds have learned to be racist, sexist, homophobic, etc., etc. Kids only learn these, and many other mistakes, from 50 years olds.

Stay young as long as possible! Do the things that keep you young at heart and in spirit. Don’t give in to those who would have you “act your age”. Just because they got old, doesn’t mean you have to.

/Rant off

Edited by Roark1

If you are 50-year-old man, and you pretend you are still an 8-year-old, by putting baseball cards between the spokes of your Schwinn 10-speed - not fine.

Let's say that I want to put the baseball cards between the spokes of my bike. Explain how that spells trouble for our society?

If you are 50-year-old man, and you need to lose weight, and if you want to take up bike-riding as part of an exercise program - fine.

People should act their age. I find few things more appalling, than grown men and women who refuse to do this. They set the worst possible example for young people to emulate.

If you want your child to someday act like an adult, then act like one yourself. Instead of reading comic books, read the newspaper or news magazine - so that hopefully your children will do the same one day. Then they won't end up blissfully ignorant of what is taking place in the world around them.

Wow....are you bitter....mom probably threw your old comics away, right?

Frankly, the people I've known through the years who are comic/sci-fi/fantasy fans HAVE been those who are also interested in the world around them....

But that's ok....you go right ahead with your nice, safe, sterile existence devoid of any thought that actually expands your mind and imagination.

'Course, you just HAVE explained your posts in the LOS thread...

I wish I could still find my old box of Hot Wheels!

If we all acted our "age", there would be no DCA!

I've honestly got to wonder if this poster is just a bitter curmudgeon? My father read the Sunday comics every Sunday until shortly after his 82nd birthday. He provided well for my mother and I, and was a bit of an old curmudgeon himself. BUT he wasn't above a laugh or two, something this guy has a problem with.

Maybe while he's finding society in trouble because of people like my father, I seem to find society in trouble by people who take things way too seriously....