Tuba player kills cameraman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Lincoln have even had a short at the presidency, given how gaunt, gangly, and awkward he was? Would Jackson have had a shot at the presidency, if someone captured one of his pistol duels, on a cell phone camera?

LMAO, believe Lincoln used to say "sword" pronouncing the "w" until he got out of the wilderness. Can you imagine todays talking heads on that one? Or Andrew Jackson carrying around a slug or two (forget the count) from the duels he fought? And howza 'bout a DNA test or two.... or 20 on Jeffersons light skinned slaves? And just how articulate WAS Washington with those #### teeth.

Yeah studying history is my way to relax. Taking it in directions like this is a blast....

Edit: Wouldn't mind seeing a TouYube :sleeping: on Andrew Johnsons VP inaguaral in 1864. Was he as crapfaced as history has made it seen. And was he really illiterate until his wife taught him how to read?

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

p.s., if we had the Internet and Digital Media in the past, the whole of U.S. history would be very, very different. Do you think that people such as Abraham Lincoln or Andrew Jackson could have become President? Do you think the national's great military leaders, such as U.S. Grant or George Patton, would have ascended to glory?

Would Lincoln have even had a short at the presidency, given how gaunt, gangly, and awkward he was? Would Jackson have had a shot at the presidency, if someone captured one of his pistol duels, on a cell phone camera?

Would Grant have become the nation's top general during the Civil War, if CNN had carried images of him drinking to inebriation? Do you think Patton would have become a 4-star general, if someone had posted a YouTube video of him, slapping a soldier?

Today's Digital Media has allowed people to focus on style rather than substance. It also encourages people to focus on single images from a person's life, rather than the big picture. As a result, our national leaders today are men of style, instead of substance - and I would argue that we are worse off, because of it.

So now it's historical references instead of movie references? I'll do as you decided against and "ignore the trolls."

LMAO, believe Lincoln used to say "sword" pronouncing the "w" until he got out of the wilderness. Can you imagine todays talking heads on that one? Or Andrew Jackson carrying around a slug or two (forget the count) from the duels he fought? And howza 'bout a DNA test or two.... or 20 on Jeffersons light skinned slaves? And just how articulate WAS Washington with those #### teeth.

Yeah studying history is my way to relax. Taking it in directions like this is a blast....

Edit: Wouldn't mind seeing a TouYube :sleeping: on Andrew Johnsons VP inaguaral in 1864. Was he as crapfaced as history has made it seen. And was he really illiterate until his wife taught him how to read?

Hey, I watch the History Channel. It is amazing some of the fun facts about America's leaders you will find out.

It is the one of only a few channels that I can watch today. 95% of what is broadcasted today is total garbage (insipid game shows, vacuous reality TV shows, etc.) We don't even get to see DCI shows on PBS or ESPN anymore. What a shame.

So now it's historical references instead of movie references? I'll do as you decided against and "ignore the trolls."

Yes. I will now officially switch to historical references. Apparently, movie references were simply becoming too trite, tired and cliche. I've run out of characters from The Lord of The Rings - so I cannot use them anymore, to lampoon members of drum corps' hierarchy.

So henceforth, I will use historical characters instead. So the next time I want to call out a member of drum corps' ruling elite, for corruption or incompetency, I will use "J'accuse! J'accuse!"

(Don't know what that means? Read up on the Dreyfus Affair.)

Yes. I will now officially switch to historical references. Apparently, movie references were simply becoming too trite, tired and cliche. I've run out of characters from The Lord of The Rings - so I cannot use them anymore, to lampoon members of drum corps' hierarchy.

So henceforth, I will use historical characters instead. So the next time I want to call out a member of drum corps' ruling elite, for corruption or incompetency, I will use "J'accuse! J'accuse!"

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent poster?!"

:sleeping:

I dont like hearing people say J'a something something something all day, which is why I turn my ipod way up when i go jogging around paris

You do know your historical facts even if I disagree with your opinions.

Jewish Captain in the French Army (19th century or early 20th, if I remember correctly). Falsely accused of spying and sent to Devil's Island. Eventually acquitted of all charges, since they were clearly based on racism.

This from memory...and now from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreyfus_Affair

*just a littlesomething to show that comic book readers DO sometimes have an interest in the real world...slimy tho it be.*

Edited by 84BDsop

You could always join in on the joke, show some humor, and jovially make fun of their alma mater.

He'll have the last laugh in 2 weeks when his team beats the snot out of mine.