Cavaliers name new director

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Someone dish the dirt.

There is no dirt. I've known Adolph since 1975 and he's one of the finest people in drum corps.

There's been a transition. Some people have changes in their lives; some of those who were with the corps and some who are now with the corps. It's typical of change being the only constant in drum corps, life, society and everything else.

The Cavaliers are in good hands. That's the best news possible.

There is no dirt. I've known Adolph since 1975 and he's one of the finest people in drum corps.

There's been a transition. Some people have changes in their lives; some of those who were with the corps and some who are now with the corps. It's typical of change being the only constant in drum corps, life, society and everything else.

The Cavaliers are in good hands. That's the best news possible.

From Michael "Hey, they're yelling my name!" Boo

Loved the stories in "Building...", Mike.

Dems were da days!

Sounds like the announcement could be summed up as Back to the Future?

Good luck, Adolf.

Okay. Someone dish the dirt.

Why? Are you an Enquirer reporter with a deadline or something?

I had an itch this would happen :laughing:

A short thing he wrote on the cavies website

The recent series of events are uncharacteristic of The Cavaliers. Please be assured that my silence on any public forum is my commitment to the highest ideals of this organization. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor and I will not resort to public mud slinging, name calling or finger pointing. In any type of relationship, people have differences; however, we should put aside our personal differences and work to achieve what is best for the corps. It is because of my commitment to you that I will try to resolve any differences with respect and decency to individuals and the organization alike. Everyone within The Cavalier family will be treated with dignity and will be recognized for their own unique strengths, talents and contributions.

The Board of Directors has appointed me Corps Director, effective immediately. My first priority is the members. I will work to earn their trust and restore their confidence in our corps. Secondly, I will work to reunite the staff and ensure that they are also committed to the high ideals and leadership expected from an organization of the caliber of The Cavaliers.

I have learned much from these events and will use this experience to strengthen and redefine the roles of everyone in this organization, from the Board of Directors to our staff members and volunteers.

As you know, we have hired very competent new staff members and we look forward to a great 2010.

Respectfully yours,

Adolph DeGrauwe

Edited by The Brass Guy

It's a credit to the Cavaliers' organization that no one has yet. The contrast with some other corps is striking.

ha, i wonder which team you're talking about?

Sounds like the announcement could be summed up as Back to the Future?

Good luck, Adolph.

Or what goes around comes around. Sort of like having a Bush and a Clinton on the ballot the past two elections.