What are you REALLY going to remember about 2009?

In a few years, most of us aren't going to remember some of the things that happened this season. So now that it's 2 months past finals, what are you really going to remember about this past season in say, a few years time from now?

For example, when i think of previous years i think of these:

1989: SCV Phantom of the opera (the disappearing act)

1993: Star Medea (enough said)

2003: BD and Phantom's shows (simply incredible)

2007: Crown (the horses show)

2009: ??? honestly, i probably wont remember this was the year troopers got back into finals, nor that cavies didnt make top 3. I'll probably remember more that BD used chairs, and Crown had the green Wizard of Oz show

What do/will you remember most?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a few years, most of us aren't going to remember some of the things that happened this season. So now that it's 2 months past finals, what are you really going to remember about this past season in say, a few years time from now?

For example, when i think of previous years i think of these:

1989: SCV Phantom of the opera (the disappearing act)

1993: Star Medea (enough said)

2003: BD and Phantom's shows (simply incredible)

2007: Crown (the horses show)

2009: ??? honestly, i probably wont remember this was the year troopers got back into finals, nor that cavies didnt make top 3. I'll probably remember more that BD used chairs, and Crown had the green Wizard of Oz show

Unfortunately, the year that Phantom finished ninth coming off of a championship...

That's not the only way I will remember it, but the most prominent way.

1. The overreaction to BD's chairs.

2. Crown--both for the show and the placement

3. The Cadets, for having such a ridiculous show and for being so much better live.

4. Vanguard--favorite show of the year

5. Loving the Crusaders' and Blue Stars' shows even though they beat Phantom

6. Troopers making finals--and their welcome by the crowd.

Chairs.

That and Vanguard getting robbed.

Chairs.

That and Vanguard getting robbed.

Vanguard got robbed? I thought that was Academy's 4 wheeler? Hmm

Oh wait, you must be referring to someone sneaking in during the middle of the night and stealing SCV's volume and excitement. They managed to find it at the very end of the show though, luckily, right before the company front... so that was nice! :tongue:

2009 memories......that's easy.......

The first time that I ever attended a drum corps show in a dome stadium

oh....and Jersey Surf entering the world class division....(hometown corps...)

And the entire drum corps community being mesmerized by SCV. (I enjoyed this show....but I did not connect to it the way many many others did)

I, too, find the 2009 DCI season somewhat lackluster... but here are the standouts in my mind (the bold is because that is the only thing I'll remember fully for years to come):

1) Santa Clara Vanguard- The best show all year long. The most stunning color guard in DCI in 2009.

2) Blue Devils getting a perfect score in color guard (not saying I agree with it .... I think it's a bit absurd myself).

3) Colts not making finals

4) Carolina Crown having a show that I liked to watch (for the first time since 2003).

Edited by Will

I, too, find the 2009 DCI season somewhat lackluster

indeed.

i'll also regret wasting money on attending Finals in Indianapolis, especially in a year that most of the shows were mediocre (Regiment especially).

i'll also remember 2009 because it showcases yet again why I'll never be a judge or get what's going on in their minds. Boring doesn't deserve to win. ever.