What are you REALLY going to remember about 2009?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three come to mind:

1. It would have to be SCV and the company front!!! Goose bump moment of the year!

2. Thought Madison should finish higher

3. Boston Color Guard - give those gals a brass pole! :thumbup:

Edited by amadorj

1. How awful Lucas Oil Stadium was for finals, I felt insulted, had my jaw on the ground for all of quarters – like DCI gave me a big FU as they stole my money. It was the first time in over 30years where I asked myself during the show ‘what am I doing here’. I didn’t enjoy it at all and felt embarrassed that I had dragged others to that show

2-7 see above

8.First time I ever liked a Crown show, ever, in all their 20 years (not that I hated 2006-2008) I think I’m about ready to forgive them for the giant chess pieces and some of those horn lines in the mid-90s. As far as 2005, well, we still have a long road to go before I forgive that

9. Propped up brass lines with carppy synth sounds. Garbage electronic instruments from bass players to huge lulls in Blue Devils and Cadets show as they ‘featured’ keyboards and all sorts of other miss-uses of electronics. Only Glassmen got it right for that tiny brief bit in their drum solo where they did a pitch blend and actually introduced a new, unique sound to drum corps

10. Props galore, just more taking the easy way

The year of Blue Devils' dominance. Missing gold in 2008 by 0.025, and coming back in 2009 rightfully earning gold with an accurate spread. Undefeated percussion, undefeated season for the BD organization!

H1N1!

I'll remember Phantom staying together and having pride even though they had a very rough year.

I'll remember having the privilege of watching Regiment rehearse all day before MTSU and knowing exactly how hard they were fighting to pull things together. No complaints, just sweat and tears.

SCV, Pretzels and the Hitler tapes.............

I'll remember having the privilege of watching Regiment rehearse all day before MTSU and knowing exactly how hard they were fighting to pull things together. No complaints, just sweat and tears.

I also remember seeing one of their rehearsals later in the season. I was very impressed by their work ethic all day. They knew it was getting increasingly more difficult for them, but they never stopped being Phantom Regiment. Even at finals, when I'm sure they knew they weren't going to place well, they were still, without a doubt, the Phantom Regiment. Very strong group.

--SCV's incredible perfomance at finals. I was very moved at the end of the show.

--How freakishly clean BD was all finals week

--Cadet's wow-ing me with another great brass/percussion book, but amazingly well-designed drill

--Actually enjoying Crown and Boston for the first time in years

--Being bored by the Cavies

I don't think I'm going to remember anything about 2009. I mean, just, nothing happened for me. It was really sterile, yeah?

I'm trying really hard not to be the grumpy, old, get off my lawn guy. I'm not that old.

What will I remember most about 2009?

Having my ### vibrated from synths with the ultra bass cranked to 11. :tongue: