Brass in a pool

I was thinking about this for a few days but couldn't find the video. Just remembered it was the Glassmen and found it, and now it turns out you had the answer all along!

At the two minute point:

Nice find.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its for resistence because it makes you work harder to pull in more air and then after doin it in the water for a while and you get out it makes taking a full breath easier

I was thinking about this for a few days but couldn't find the video. Just remembered it was the Glassmen and found it, and now it turns out you had the answer all along!

At the two minute point:

Those uniforms look like they came from a Tone-Loc video. :innocent:

Didn't some Madison hornlines (70's & 80's) sometimes practice in water up to their chests (breathing related exercise). Seems like several pictures used to exist - possibly from DCW? Anyone recall the details?

At the two minute point:

Previous to this, Life magazine did an article on the Glassmen when Dave took them into Lake Michigan to do their exercise. Some how this Japanese game show read the Life article and contacted the Glassmen to be on their game show. They flew their host to Ohio. Did anyone notice the Glassmen shoes? As some all ready know this was no gimmick. Just listen to some of Dave's Glassmen horn lines. The member's that I have talked to from his lines swear by the water exercise. I do hope one day Dave Tippet comes back to the Glassmen.

Dean

Many years ago I heard a rare, radio interview with Frank Sinatra where he stated, he regularly takes a deep breath and submerges himself in the pool, just over his shoulders to "expand my lung capacity"

logically, lungs filled with air, submerged, will fight to become bouyant and expand the upper lung chambers .

Perhaps this was the intent? At any rate, I wouldn't argue with the Chairman of the Board. stein

Now there's a name I have not heard in a long time. In 83 he was working the Emerald Knights of Cedar Rapids. So we get to Miami and it's a bazillion degrees and humidity is off the chart. Dave offers to make lunch- he makes CHILI! Of course there's the trademark pre-show "BOO." Any one know what he's up to nowadays?

Now there's a name I have not heard in a long time. In 83 he was working the Emerald Knights of Cedar Rapids. So we get to Miami and it's a bazillion degrees and humidity is off the chart. Dave offers to make lunch- he makes CHILI! Of course there's the trademark pre-show "BOO." Any one know what he's up to nowadays?

Don't bother I've just found his website.