Question for the collective DCA brain trust

Rochester Crusaders 72 "Troika"

Grey Knight Crusaders "Devil at 4 O'Clock"

Both worked so well because we were still starting on the starting line and they DROVE the sound from the very start and had the audience doing standing O's in the first tune... Neither tune had a lot of subtlety but rather pure power

loud is good

hmmmmm I remember some west coast guy saying that

:innocent:

I never heard "Devil at 4 O'Clock", but I'll be torn forever between the '72 Cru opener and '77 Cabs version of "Bully"...Just can't get enough of either..

Although I'll put the '82 Bucs version of En Sueno in that same category, not as much BYFBO but it just kept building from begining to end.

Pat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA or DCI?

Either.

Phantom Regiment 1996 - Opening from A Defiant Heart (Shostakovich)

It's dark, brooding and then builds to the most incredible drum corps climax I've ever heard. :innocent:

Phantom Regiment 1996 - Opening from A Defiant Heart (Shostakovich)

It's dark, brooding and then builds to the most incredible drum corps climax I've ever heard. :innocent:

That was my choice as well. :angel1::cool:

Witch Hunt by Rush

YES! :angel1::innocent:

Dream Opener has always been Johny Quest, original version.

After that, I go with 1978 Bridgman, Ritual Fire Dance and 1981 Blue Devils Downey Original 'New York Fantasy?'

I think NY Fantasy was the opening fanfare, which led into Ya Gotta Try by Sammy Nestico. Blue Devils also played Ya Gotta Try as their opener in 80 and again in 89. Just a great big band chart that translated really well into drum corps. Very exciting number.

:innocent:

I never heard "Devil at 4 O'Clock", but I'll be torn forever between the '72 Cru opener and '77 Cabs version of "Bully"...Just can't get enough of either..

Although I'll put the '82 Bucs version of En Sueno in that same category, not as much BYFBO but it just kept building from begining to end.

Pat

if you've never heard devil at 4 o''clock then you must........it was very powerful.