New Uniforms For Empire Statesmen In 2010

As much as these announcements are exciting and positive, particularly in the doldrums of the fall, I would loved to have been surprised by this -- being in the stands, not knowing and then seeing the corps with a new uniform come onto the field. I remember how dramatic it was in 2005 in Wildwood when the garage door to the convention center went up and we got the first glimpse of the Bucs' new uniform. If I recall correctly, they kept it a secret and that moment was pretty cool. There was an instant buzz in the place about it.

I hear ya... the "surprise factor" can be great.

1981, with Sunrisers, we kept our new uni design (in '81 we went to the orange tunic tops for the first time) a secret until our first show, in Clifton. I'll never forget the audible "wow" from the crowd when we stepped from the shadows into the light of the stadium that night.

Fran

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because its not Renegades it doesn't matter right?

This is great news, I can't wait to see the new uniforms. Knowing the cats I know, they will stick to the roots but have something flashy and classy.

No you are right Tenors... This corps with TONS of money getting new unis, going to California and going to the orient all in one season is awesome! So now do we get to see it so we can photoshop funny hats on it? :tongue:

Sounds like fun to me!!

No you are right Tenors... This corps with TONS of money getting new unis, going to California and going to the orient all in one season is awesome! So now do we get to see it so we can photoshop funny hats on it? :tongue:

Before this thread gets to be too negative... Let me say that Empire itself doesn't have "Tons" of money. What it has is a bunch of members who volunteer HUGE amounts of time working Bingos.

Please don't denigrate the hours these guys put in...their dues are the lowest in the activity... every corps could learn a lesson from how they do what they do.

Let's keep this thread fun.

Here's a memorable Vince Bruni quote from back in the day:

A rival corps director told him "You CAN'T get your members to work that hard."

And Mr B told him "No, YOU can't get YOUR members to work THAT hard."

fair is fair

Why? Did the restaurant supply company go out of business or something?

Before this thread gets to be too negative... Let me say that Empire itself doesn't have "Tons" of money. What it has is a bunch of members who volunteer HUGE amounts of time working Bingos.

Please don't denigrate the hours these guys put in...their dues are the lowest in the activity... every corps could learn a lesson from how they do what they do.

Let's keep this thread fun.

Here's a memorable Vince Bruni quote from back in the day:

A rival corps director told him "You CAN'T get your members to work that hard."

And Mr B told him "No, YOU can't get YOUR members to work THAT hard."

Sorry if my previous post had a disrespectful sounding tone... I have nothing but respect and admiration for the "STATESMEN" of our activity... In fact I'm perhaps a bit jealous and I would definately prefer to work hard at many many bingos rather than pay some $4K per year to participate as I do now, so HATS OFF TO MR. B!!! :satisfied:

Sorry if my previous post had a disrespectful sounding tone... I have nothing but respect and admiration for the "STATESMEN" of our activity... In fact I'm perhaps a bit jealous and I would definately prefer to work hard at many many bingos rather than pay some $4K per year to participate as I do now, so HATS OFF TO MR. B!!! :satisfied:

HATS OFF indeed.

8-)