2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

Not a good year for illinois.... first the olympics.... then this. :blink:

So says you. That would've made the CTA a nightmare, and traffic even more of a nightmare than it already is.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Cadets

2 Crown

3 Blue Devils

4 Phantom Regiment

5 Cavaliers

6 SCV

7 Bluecoats

8 Blue Stars

9 Boston Crusaders

10 Blue Knights

11 Glassmen

12 Spirit

13 Troopers

14 Academy

15 Madison Scouts

16 Colts

17 Crossmen

18 Jersey Surf

19 PC

20 Teal Sound

21 Mandarins

22 Cascades

23 Pioneer

It's too early for me but, I will be in Cali during Late May early June. And, no matter what I see the Blue Devils do, I will pick them to be #1. If they can win DCI with a 99.05 with a show like that! They have to be a shoe in for 2010.

It's too early for me but, I will be in Cali during Late May early June. And, no matter what I see the Blue Devils do, I will pick them to be #1. If they can win DCI with a 99.05 with a show like that! They have to be a shoe in for 2010.

Well Fred, it appears that the therapy and intervention didn't work; That the saturation listening and the forced watching (ala Clockwork Orange) of "1930" with nurses on either side of you doing jazz hands had no effect either. You are now fair warned that if you are caught lurking (with binos) in the trees near MARS during your stay in Cali, you will be captured and forced to "strike the pose" repeatedly until your blood turns blue! :blink:

NOTE: Bring a sweatshirt, it's cold at MARS at night!

This is going on without staff and show announcements? The only thing that is certain is that a finalist from last year will drop out so someone new can come in. DCI creates this sort of Cinderella story every year.

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - They continue on 2009's momentum and the judges reward them for it, but mostly because they bring another classic Broadway hit to the field. Welcome to the field, Shrek the Musical! It seems the last company front with the Shrek character doing the toast is an homage to VK.

2. Crown - groundbreaking show "Crowned" shows that they really are following the same path as Star. In a couple years they will be competing against Blast! for Tony awards. Just like Star, many people will think Crown was jobbed.

3. Blue Devils - although undefeated going into Allentown with a jazzy, furniture filled show, their momentum slows as contras keep tripping and they are overtaken by Shrek.

4. Cadets - frustrated with a lowly 3rd place finish, the Cadets return to their vocal ways: The Zone part III.

5. Phantom Regiment - angry and fascinated with BAC for stealing the Bacchanale, they do an entire show called Bacchanale featuring variations on Bacchanale themes (Saint Saens, Wagner and Cage). Reports are viewings top 1 million in the first couple weeks it is on the Fan Network.

6. Blue Stars - Continuing their rise, and their penchant for big prop shows, the Blue Stars unveil their most challenging show yet: The Cathedral. Not only do they play Engulfed Cathedral while attempting to assemble a full sized replica of Notre Dame, but they get the crowd on their feet when the hornline blows down the walls at the end of the show.

7. Bloooo - Straight up jazz and all the contras put down their horns and pick up a snare while playing Autumn Leaves. Haven't we seen this before?

8. BAC - Not to be outdone by last year's suggestive show, BAC's entire corps strips down in a dark, brooding show.

9. Madison Scouts - And the meteoric rise begins again. With a blaring hornline and state of the art drill, Madison is back and on the rise!

10. Glassmen - They play something that is good enough for the top 12 but completely unmemorable (just kidding!)

11. Crossmen - DCI welcomes back Crossmen to finals and everyone is excited to see them play "Twilight"

12. Cavaliers - barely hanging on due to so many things happening in the offseason, Cavaliers regale us with their version of David Bowie's "Changes"

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - They continue on 2009's momentum and the judges reward them for it, but mostly because they bring another classic Broadway hit to the field. Welcome to the field, Shrek the Musical! It seems the last company front with the Shrek character doing the toast is an homage to VK.

2. Crown - groundbreaking show "Crowned" shows that they really are following the same path as Star. In a couple years they will be competing against Blast! for Tony awards. Just like Star, many people will think Crown was jobbed.

3. Blue Devils - although undefeated going into Allentown with a jazzy, furniture filled show, their momentum slows as contras keep tripping and they are overtaken by Shrek.

4. Cadets - frustrated with a lowly 3rd place finish, the Cadets return to their vocal ways: The Zone part III.

5. Phantom Regiment - angry and fascinated with BAC for stealing the Bacchanale, they do an entire show called Bacchanale featuring variations on Bacchanale themes (Saint Saens, Wagner and Cage). Reports are viewings top 1 million in the first couple weeks it is on the Fan Network.

6. Blue Stars - Continuing their rise, and their penchant for big prop shows, the Blue Stars unveil their most challenging show yet: The Cathedral. Not only do they play Engulfed Cathedral while attempting to assemble a full sized replica of Notre Dame, but they get the crowd on their feet when the hornline blows down the walls at the end of the show.

7. Bloooo - Straight up jazz and all the contras put down their horns and pick up a snare while playing Autumn Leaves. Haven't we seen this before?

8. BAC - Not to be outdone by last year's suggestive show, BAC's entire corps strips down in a dark, brooding show.

9. Madison Scouts - And the meteoric rise begins again. With a blaring hornline and state of the art drill, Madison is back and on the rise!

10. Glassmen - They play something that is good enough for the top 12 but completely unmemorable (just kidding!)

11. Crossmen - DCI welcomes back Crossmen to finals and everyone is excited to see them play "Twilight"

12. Cavaliers - barely hanging on due to so many things happening in the offseason, Cavaliers regale us with their version of David Bowie's "Changes"

LMAO!!!

In the interest of full disclosure, however, the Boston Crusaders actually played music from the Bacchanale in 1982, so I guess Phantom stole it from Boston......BAC simply stole it back!! :blink:

LMAO!!!

In the interest of full disclosure, however, the Boston Crusaders actually played music from the Bacchanale in 1982, so I guess Phantom stole it from Boston......BAC simply stole it back!! :thumbup:

I'm asuming that Phantom played Bacchanale for the first time after 1982? :blink:

I'm asuming that Phantom played Bacchanale for the first time after 1982? :blink:

Not an expert on PR history, but I don't think they played it until 1990 or so.

Either way, just having some fun....as someone already stated, this stuff is pretty much all in the public domain.....