The history of the Westshoremen

I see Hoov around...brings his little one around to rehearsal at Mechanicsburg sometimes

Buckwheat was Buckwheat from the moment I knew him. I think a former friend who worked for HERCO also knew him as that.

Lots of problems lately, work killing me from heat, and got another car yesterday, meaning I got about 1-2 hours sleep and then was at work from 530 PM to 330 AM in that heat.

'03 Jetta Wagon, a quantum leap up from my '95 GL sedan. The A/C works, it's really clean, handles better, the brakes and radio work, kile a dream, man. different from my old CRX, but I really, really like this car so far.

Vw's rock. nuff said ( on my 3rd jetta)

Vw's rock. nuff said ( on my 3rd jetta)

I had chronic issues with my A/C and a Radio antenna that didn't like working and a bad Cassette deck. 7 years, 81-82k miles, really it was pretty decent otherwise. For around here- better than a CRX-Si that got bullied in traffic. At least I got to run it on US 219 from Elkins to Lewisburg WV in the fall over a weekend judging gig- averaged 45 MPH with 3 pit stops. You look at that riad and realize how mountainous and twisty it was, I was bombin' along to average 45 on it. This Wagon I think with ABS and the automatic might be quicker....

Edited by BigW

I had chronic issues with my A/C and a Radio antenna that didn't like working and a bad Cassette deck. 7 years, 81-82k miles, really it was pretty decent otherwise. For around here- better than a CRX-Si that got bullied in traffic. At least I got to run it on US 219 from Elkins to Lewisburg WV in the fall over a weekend judging gig- averaged 45 MPH with 3 pit stops. You look at that riad and realize how mountainous and twisty it was, I was bombin' along to average 45 on it. This Wagon I think with ABS and the automatic might be quicker....

I hope you started in Elkins to go down there...otherwise 81 to 64 is the way to go to Greenbrier

I hope you started in Elkins to go down there...otherwise 81 to 64 is the way to go to Greenbrier

Ran night run after Autumn Glory Contest in Oakland, MD to Elkins, stayed over there then pulled out in the morning and drove down.

Autumn Glory is a good deal. the artsy-craftsy stuff next to the band show are cool, and I can buy scads of jams, jellies, and italian sauces for family, which are really good. Can even get Quince, lemon Honey, all sorts of old school stuff there.

And if you do the parade before the evening field contest- the kettle corn rocks. :devil:

Anyone reading this out near the MD panhandle/Western PA end, Autumn Glory is really good if you like the scenery and eating your way through a festival. :tongue:

I think Ben and I ate our way through that Italian Street fair in Boston when we got to tour the USS Constitution and then were turned loose for a bit of time. :worthy::thumbup::thumbup:

Ran night run after Autumn Glory Contest in Oakland, MD to Elkins, stayed over there then pulled out in the morning and drove down.

Autumn Glory is a good deal. the artsy-craftsy stuff next to the band show are cool, and I can buy scads of jams, jellies, and italian sauces for family, which are really good. Can even get Quince, lemon Honey, all sorts of old school stuff there.

And if you do the parade before the evening field contest- the kettle corn rocks. :devil:

Anyone reading this out near the MD panhandle/Western PA end, Autumn Glory is really good if you like the scenery and eating your way through a festival. :tongue:

I think Ben and I ate our way through that Italian Street fair in Boston when we got to tour the USS Constitution and then were turned loose for a bit of time. :worthy::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh yeah!!! Remember that Italian babe in the SHORT shorts we followed!!! :tongue: Woo hoo!!!

Anyway...I think Ric Coletti nicknamed him Buckwheat.

oh Deep Creek is beautiful. If I have to go Elkins way, I always take 219 going down....but at night I'll go out to 79 and back up. 219 has too many place I refuse to drive on after dark

oh Deep Creek is beautiful. If I have to go Elkins way, I always take 219 going down....but at night I'll go out to 79 and back up. 219 has too many place I refuse to drive on after dark

I don't blame you, but I had deer blockers running down, LOL from Oakland, and I kept good watch. the craziest thing you do see is the Kingsford Charcoal plant outside Parsons, crazy reddish flame shootting out the stack, really, really crimson red, glows too.

And not having the lines painted because they just resurfaced the one road down the mountain in the dark was fun too. Slam it into third, hit the high beams, and keep frosty, LOL.