Madison Announces 2010 Program

I'm excited to hear this. Hopefully the visual package meets the opportunities the music should offer it. :thumbsup:

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're entitled to your opinion, TB, but no one really cares anymore about it. Even you can't spoil this exciting news with your meh attitude. If you can't find something nice to say, why say anything at all?

Go rain on someone else's parade...

:tongue:

I actually disagree with you and the PM I just got would also inform you that at least one person cares. And by the way....life is not all sunshine and Hershey bars. I am just not all excited about the pairing and especially with the Gershwin....now the 3rd time in the last 5 years. Give the tune a break. There's lots of good music out there besides the tried, the true and the Blue.

do you fly United a lot, or did you just watch BD too many times last season?

BD, PR, it's been played too often for me.

I'm waiting to have my opinion changed and I'll be the first to admit how wrong I am, but I just didn't think Gershwin. Slaughter I get...but, the Gershwin...nah, not sold right now. But...and let me help some of the kool-aid drinkers here. I am anxious to be proven wrong. Anxious.

I actually disagree with you and the PM I just got would also inform you that at least one person cares. And by the way....life is not all sunshine and Hershey bars. I am just not all excited about the pairing and especially with the Gershwin....now the 3rd time in the last 5 years. Give the tune a break. There's lots of good music out there besides the tried, the true and the Blue.

well that makes two of you...

OK, well thanks for your opinion.

Playing snippets of these two pieces in the alumni corps in 2006 was unbelievable. I can't wait to hear what Jim Prime does with these classics.

I'm an extremely excited alum (and one of many, I would guess). Jim Mason picked music that has deep historic meaning to the Madison Scouts and their long-time fans.

Jim Prime/Thom Hannum writing this music together...doesn't get much better IMHO. As for visual, I don't think any of us have anything to worry about.

awesome.

looks like someone figured it out. hopefully some other corps follow their lead.

YES PLEASE for many peoples' sanity.

Stoked about Slaughter. Pretty unexcited about Rhapsody.

But I'm REEAAALLY excited about Slaughter. I just hope they have the horn sound to sell it. The opening fanfare, if they choose to play it, will either be mind-blowingly awesome or a huge disappoint. Here's to hoping it's the former and not the latter.

Oooohhhhh, me likee! :tongue: