Renegades 2010.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"G bugles . . .an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age".

or take the Han Solo approach:

" give me a G bugle any day"

As an aside, you might be interested to know that as a design process for 2010, we hand-picked five brass arrangers and more-or-less assigned each one of them a planet, so to speak -- which is the approach we took in 2003, in Red Skies at Night.

It takes a lot of planning to get that many arrangers to work together in a cohesive fashion, but it is cool to get that many talented and creative people in the mix. The other huge advantage of the approach is that it makes it possible for every arranger to work on the same schedule, so we expect to have the entire show in the hands of the Renegades horn line by January.

My final drum corps announcement of the week is that I have assembled a production team to shoot a four-episode reality television program about the Renegades 2010 season, entitled "The Loudest Show on Earth." There are a few more things to work out, but all indications are that this is a go. The plan is to debut the first episodes on the Internet, and then take it to the networks. Whether or not we will successfully prove that The Loudest Show on Earth concept will work for television, we'll see -- but at the very least, we're going to take a shot at it.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Lee

Edited by drumlaw80

Man! Wish there was a way I could get back there this season!

Well we do have 2 other Texans Randy!

Maybe you guys could commute! lol

One small step for man...One giant step for man kind.