2009 DVDs

So I have finally watched EVERY corps at least twice and I get this: The sound quality is very good for these dvds, the synth usage is more than I heard live and some corps really overused it to bolster their low end horn sound. That siad, what is everyones take on this. How wrong am I?

I do hear the synth throughout the show, but it doesn't really bother me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought with all the stink about the synths and the dome there would be a lot more to this thread. Does noone notice that it really doesn't sound that bad, or that corps did indeed overuse the synth to give the low brass some volume?

Ordered and recieved them in the same week, so happy birthday to me. Now I enjoyed them and they are already resold. Memories are great but next year will be even greater. This was by and far one of the best overall top 9 corps ever in my opinion.

I thought with all the stink about the synths and the dome there would be a lot more to this thread. Does noone notice that it really doesn't sound that bad, or that corps did indeed overuse the synth to give the low brass some volume?

Maybe it's because most of us haven't received our DVDs yet. :withstupid:

Except for the usual issue of the pits being a tad loud ( mix level ) , I thought the sound was great.

The synthes were a bit noticeable at times , not a problem for me ( low end bass )

I actually liked the electric piano stuff , IMHO sounds very much like normal pit repertoire.

I wish they would get rid of the Colts helmet , at the Meadowlands they change helmets for Jets Giants colleges on a weekly basis and apparently it is no big deal.

. This was by and far one of the best overall top 9 corps ever in my opinion.

I'd take that number down a bit further from 9 , there are a few more there who would easily have been top 9 in years past.

Colts have to be the best thirteenth place corps in history - Scouts , Crest Crossmen Academy and Spirit really wowed me

Except for the usual issue of the pits being a tad loud ( mix level ) , I thought the sound was great.

The synthes were a bit noticeable at times , not a problem for me ( low end bass )

I actually liked the electric piano stuff , IMHO sounds very much like normal pit repertoire.

I wish they would get rid of the Colts helmet , at the Meadowlands they change helmets for Jets Giants colleges on a weekly basis and apparently it is no big deal.

If i'm not mistaken, in Jersey they have grass, and in Indy it is field turf.