DCI official rule book?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause it should be free.

I would agree. PDF of it online, and offer a printed version for cost of publication\shipping.

I contacted DCI and they said you can order the official rule book by calling 317-275-1212x3 :devil:

What was the cost? I would buy one.

I contacted DCI and they said you can order the official rule book by calling 317-275-1212x3 :devil:

This does not sit well with me.

I don't understand the need to put a price tag on a document that is not organization sensitive, with information that is usually made available from every marching and sports circuit available.

Its not like people are breaking down the door to get a hold of this booklet. "American Flag may be presented, guarded by two weapons, never moving backwards" is not something most people would be thrilled to read and have.

[/quote name=micfiygd' date='Nov 10 2009, 01:36 AM' post='2689480]

Is there any place that you can read the entire DCI rule book? I've looked though the site and I couldn't find it. Am I just missing it?

Nope.

You should be able to buy it from DCI...

You should but you can't....

It's ridiculous that in this day and age, DCI still keeps their rules so difficult to obtain.

Why the thumbs down?

Cause it should be free.

I'm not necessarily an across-the-board subscriber to the policies and practices of the DCI organizational machine - but what a gripefest this thread has turned out to be! :devil:

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

For $35 wondering how big the rule book is. But can understand changing for a hard copy manual. Cost of handing out for free something that costs money to print would be a hit in the budget.