Happy Vets day to all our DCP vets

Just a big thank you for all the vets who fought to allow us the pleasure of bickering over drum corps. :rolleyes::tongue::devil::devil:

Just a big thank you for all the vets who fought to allow us the pleasure of bickering over drum corps. :tongue::devil::rock::rock:

Thank you for these kind words. After my Jr. year in high school I went to basic training at Fort Dix. Came back to high school to finish my Sr. year and then went to jump school. 3 days after graduation.

My heart is very sad over what happened at Fort Hood. I pray everyday for those family's and for our soldiers who are putting their lives on the line everyday for every single one of us. Even those who disagree with what they are doing. Here is to all the vets :devil::rolleyes::beer::bleah:

79-84 US Army 82nd Airborne

Dean

AMEN to all the VETS out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big thank you to all veterans, but especially those who have served/are serving in combat.

We had a very nice ceremony at my high school yesterday where seniors who will be going to basic training shortly were recognized.

Happy belated birthday to my Marine Corps yesterday, too.

Just a big thank you for all the vets who fought to allow us the pleasure of bickering over drum corps. :devil::devil::rock::rock:

:bleah:

Count me in as well !!

I have a hard time realizing how long it's been since I was in.. :beer:

For you youngin's, I got my DRAFT notice 2 days after I voted in my first election, after they'd lowered the voting age to 18..and our country re-elected Tricky Dick as Prez. :rolleyes:

After deciding to enlist to avoid being made a cook or grunt, I used the new-fangled Delayed Entry Program so I could get a 'school' locked in, and I also got to pick a station to go to for a year after training. I didn't go in until April..

Basic at: Ft. Lost in the Woods (in the state of Misery)

AIT at Ft. Ord, CA (now closed and sold off - right up the beach from Monterey & Carmel)

2.5 years at Ft. Monsoon (aka - Ft. Lewis, WA) :tongue:

Knowing that some of my friends went overseas and didn't come home, but most of them did..

Sympathizing and EMPATHIZING with all of our current veterans having to deal with an even more difficult battle with civilians just as ruthless and probably more cunning than those in Vietnam.

Young folks need to thank ALL vets, even those that didn't go overseas..they all had to 'protect and defend', even in peace time.

To all my veteran brothers and sisters, regardless of branch..THANK YOU for being there !

ARMY GOES !!!

Pat

US Army 73-76

9th Infantry Divsion (the Old Reliables)

Fort Lewis, WA

A big thank you from a young patriot.

My grandpa was an officer in the Army and was stationed in Okinawa, Japan for several years during Vietnam. He never saw combat, but instead was involved with shipping supplies and vehicles to the guys who did. He also met my grandmother while he was stationed there, as she was teaching English classes at a local school :rolleyes:

Thanks again to all vets from all wars, God Bless the USA and our troops currently deployed.

A big Semper Fi and Happy 234th Birthday to the 2nd best soldiers in the world! :rolleyes:

signed,

US Army Ranger (retired)

And a special "Hooah" to all of my fellow vets.

Rangers Lead The Way!!

Rangers Lead The Way . . . .

. . . behind the Marines!