Which Rule Change would you change?

Of all the rule changes from Bb instruments to synths and amps, and even going back to adding valves to horns, if you could change ONE rule that we now have, what would it be? Just curious to see where this goes. Myself, I would like to see corps still on G bugles-it was a distinctive sound.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would change the rule that lets people complain on DCP about rule changes.

Well, you could always move to China and be happy.

I would change the rule preventing a corps from playing any instrument they wanted within the pit area. If the Blue Devils want to add a ripping sax solo to their show next year, I say let them.

I would change the rule allowing amplification.

:tongue:

This one stone would kill so many birds.

No more narration.

No more static, clicks, pops and feedback.

No more synthesizers.

No more vibraphones that sound like a church bell tower.

No more staff members controlling dynamics from the sidelines.

For the most part, I'm happy with where drum corps is. If I HAD to choose something, I would say at least limit the narration. I totally hate it, but I don't mind alittle bit. (Cadets '08=too much; Bluecoats '08=middle; Pacific Crest '08(I think, the Las Vegas show), Spirit '09= just right; any corps, any years with no narration, or something similar to Phantom Regiment '08= GREAT!)

Of all the rule changes from Bb instruments to synths and amps, and even going back to adding valves to horns, if you could change ONE rule that we now have, what would it be? Just curious to see where this goes. Myself, I would like to see corps still on G bugles-it was a distinctive sound.

Either DCA or the U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps.

Well, you could always move to China and be happy.

Or you could just not read DCP.

:tongue:

Myself, I would like to see corps still on G bugles-it was a distinctive sound.

Yeah. Not completely in tune is pretty distinctive.

I would change the age out limit to something later for those of us that never got in. Plus, I'd add a PERMANENT rule that stated that Woodwinds would NEVER be allowed in the activity. This rule could never be appealed or appended. Period.

None. Actually, a moratorium on rule changes affecting on-field productions for 5 or so years would be nice. I like to consider myself progressive, but I've had my fill of progress for the time being.

I would like to an addendum to the rule allowing snynths which would forbid the use of synthesizers to reproduce the sounds of instruments already on the field. That low brass patch has gotta go.