Suncoast charts...

Robert Smith created 2 iconic works with Suncoast in the all original 85 and 88 shows. Has anyone ELSE done any of those charts aside from the 89 remix?? i could certainly see a big band jazz ensemble taking on Midnight in Miami...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know but I'd sure love to hear Crown's hornline take a stab at it!

These charts and Belshazzar's Feast. Keep hoping someone will step up and revisit these terrific works. It seems we only revisit things that have been done to death, or we invest a season in obscure music. How about giving these charts that we're NOT tired of and that WERE terrific on the field a LONG time ago, another chance?

My wife marched Suncoast and there were rumors at DCI in August that they might try to put together an alumni corps in 2011. Like my wife in 2008 when I marched CAC888, I may be a single parent in the summer of 2011. :tongue:

I am amazed how many talented judges and instructors came out of this corps considering its short time in the activity (relative to corps like the Cavalier and Cadets).

Robert Smith is a freaking GENIUS!!!!!! I loved playing for him in Magic, even if I was only there for a short time!

Adair County High School from Columbia, KY did most of the muisc from the Florida Suite in 1998 - they were pretty darn amazing.

Madisonville North Hopkins High School from Madisonville, KY did a portion of the 1985 show in 2005 - Adventures in Time. They sounded pretty incredible too... the brass arrangement was quite remarkable, especially for high school students.