Dallas or Houston

Except for today. Earliest snowfall on record for the Houston area! :thumbup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's always the slight chance of a hurricane in the Houston area.

And here's another shot of the Great Houston Blizzard of 2009 (our front yard).

14747_217258575843_620460843_4168182_5238288_n.jpg

blizzard. :thumbup:

oh you folks down south

Dallas or Houston...2010... What would you pick

I've been to the Dallas show in the past and did Houston for the two nights this year. I'd go with Houston as I liked the facilities better (bigger stadium, not so crowded) and the drive was shorter to get to San Antonio. Though we did have that power outage that killed the stadium lights so a couple corps performed in the dark and before the show they cleared the stands due to a lightning warning (the sky was clear as could be - guess it's a Texas thing). The people who run the Dallas show always do a nice job, so really you can't go wrong.

If you're a pansy go to Dallas. If you can handle the extreme heat and humidity: Houston.

Personally, I would do Houston both the 22nd and 23rd, then San Antonio on the 24th. The drive from Houston to SA-Town is going to be a lot easier than

Dallas to San Antonio (you'd have to go through Austin and that can be crap).

Or just do Houston on the 23rd and then SA. You'll catch all the lower corps in San Antonio anyways.

the Cowboys. Houstons kicker keeps choking

The Cowboys save up their chokes till the first playoff game right? :tongue:

Maybe Way can walk on the team to help them, lol.

Houston is a great venue. Actually, i think over the 2 nights you might enjoy it more there than in san antonio (did both houston nights and SA this summer)

What was the venue they used this past year? When I was there it was at Rice.

That was a while ago though.

I did Dallas last year and while the show was nice the seating was not the best (big high school stadium). The numbered seats on the benches were sized for skinny high school students, not big full rears like many of us baby-boomers. My wife sat next to a fairly large fellow (nice) but he overlapped into her seat. Looking around you could see the same situation all around us. For Texas in the hot summer and everyone sweating - it was a great show but it was a friendly show (with your seat partners). I talked to some folks who went to Houston. They said the seating at Houston was much better as was the stadium.

I'm going to Houston this year!

:tongue:

Edited by amadorj

I've been to the Dallas show in the past and did Houston for the two nights this year. I'd go with Houston as I liked the facilities better (bigger stadium, not so crowded) and the drive was shorter to get to San Antonio. Though we did have that power outage that killed the stadium lights so a couple corps performed in the dark and before the show they cleared the stands due to a lightning warning (the sky was clear as could be - guess it's a Texas thing). The people who run the Dallas show always do a nice job, so really you can't go wrong.

Hmmm... I was in Houston both nights and I don't remember the stands being cleared. I do remember the lightning show though. And it wasn't a complete power outage. There was still power to the rest of the stadium. It was just the home side light towers which made for an odd atmosphere for the first few corps.

Still, the Berry Athletic Complex is an incredible venue:

301703436_365855e543_o.jpg

656073480_49dfa786a9_o.jpg

Don't ask me what Moses is doing in the pic. :tongue:

Edited by skajerk