Where are the best seats in Lucas Oil Stadium?

we were in 344. bottom level, near the 15. sounded like you were underwater...had no connection with the performer. got no goosebumps except for SCV's ending. 75 bucks down the drain.

In 2008 - had the same situation, but i was standing and screaming the whole time - i heard and saw every effect. i was pretty much electric! def worth the 55 bucks.

my guess is that if they opened the roof, LOS would lose a lot of money from the air conditioned air escaping. So its more of a cost saving reason. Either way, I say we ditch that and go to Bloomington or Denver, my personal favs - was sold on EACH show sitting in the worst seats of the stadium.

For the next 10 years, i don't think the visitor experience matters much to DCI. They're just trying to stay afloat and i totally support that.

do you not think the visitor experience being good can help them stay afloat?

Things sounded great in Section 240, Row 6 when I was at BOA Grand Nationals. Yeah there's the reverb but I pretty much adjusted to it after a few groups in Semifinals. I also had no trouble getting chills at the goosebump-worthy moments. Really, it's all about what you make of the experience. I certainly enjoyed myself at LOS, and this was my first dome show ever.

There's a great artical in a UK newspaper ( I'll post it when I find it.) about HKS the company that designed the Oil Can and soccer stadiums in the UK for maximum crowd noise/ echo. Which is very important for football and soccer games.

Was it about the new Anfield stadium? If so, I may have read the same article, or one similar to it. The new Anfield stadium was designed by HKS, and supposedly inspired by LOS (contains some of the same architectural design features) with the acoustics of the roof designed to accentuate the atmosphere during games (e.g. maximize crowd noise). With the Colts being the main tenant (and forking over $100mil of the $720+ it cost to build), it's pretty hard to believe they wouldn't want to somewhat achieve the same for their games.

Edited by dcsnare93

Things sounded great in Section 240, Row 6 when I was at BOA Grand Nationals. Yeah there's the reverb but I pretty much adjusted to it after a few groups in Semifinals. I also had no trouble getting chills at the goosebump-worthy moments. Really, it's all about what you make of the experience. I certainly enjoyed myself at LOS, and this was my first dome show ever.

Which of the judges quoted in the article are you? :grouphug:

Single tix go on sale tomorrow thru ticketmaster?

do you not think the visitor experience being good can help them stay afloat?

oh i absolutely think it will hurt them over time if fans aren't having a great time. But they're probably just banking on the fact that we are a loyal bunch and we'll go regardless

oh i absolutely think it will hurt them over time if fans aren't having a great time. But they're probably just banking on the fact that we are a loyal bunch and we'll go regardless

and if attendance is down, well they better jack up fan network fees and the ticket price for the movie theater

and if attendance is down, well they better jack up fan network fees and the ticket price for the movie theater

That's probably the mysterious "fix" that we keep hearing about.... :thumbup: