Scheherazade

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

I've been listening to SCV 04 a lot lately and I just wanted to spread a little love. WOW! What a show! :worthy: I'm disappointed that I wasn't yet acquainted with Drum Corps at the time, because I would have loved to have seen this show live. I guess my question is this: To those of you who saw the show live, was it very memorable for you and was it a favorite of the '04 season? I know it wasn't the cleanest show in the world, but for some reason listening to the MP3 gives me an emotional high only rivaled by listening to Spartacus 08 (I was there at finals) and a few other shows.

I should probably add that I've only seen a video of show a handful of times (two or three) so my opinion is stressed solely from an audio standpoint.

Thanks.

i have this video :thumbdown:

it's easily one of my favorite shows of all time :worthy: :worthy: :ph34r: but then again, i love almost everything from vanguard...87, 89, 99,04. some of my favorites.

Hi everyone.

I've been listening to SCV 04 a lot lately and I just wanted to spread a little love. WOW! What a show! :thumbdown: I'm disappointed that I wasn't yet acquainted with Drum Corps at the time, because I would have loved to have seen this show live. I guess my question is this: To those of you who saw the show live, was it very memorable for you and was it a favorite of the '04 season? I know it wasn't the cleanest show in the world, but for some reason listening to the MP3 gives me an emotional high only rivaled by listening to Spartacus 08 (I was there at finals) and a few other shows.

I should probably add that I've only seen a video of show a handful of times (two or three) so my opinion is stressed solely from an audio standpoint.

Thanks.

Cool thing about drum corps is after the dust settles and a year or two go by, no one really cares about the scores or placement--it's all about the music. (Guard people, don't beat me up) You can drive and listen but you can't drive and watch a dvd. Or at least it's not a good idea. Me and a pal of mine just listened to Kilties '74 and were like WOW, what a horn line and what great arrangements!! We didn't care what place they took. Shoot I still have recordings of Blue Rock from 1970 and they were great AND I don't care what place they took then either. They showed up, that's what's important to me.

vanguard 04 was one of the best percussion sections of the decade in the history of DCI

:thumbdown:

I was just thinking...this was a #### hot decade for percussion.

Cavies 2000

SCV 2004

Cadets 2005

Phantom 2006, 2007, 2008

BD 2007, 2009

I actually thought 2003 was better.

i LOVE the 03 line/book/show, but the front ensemble was clearly better and the battery was cleaner in 04.

I loved Scheherazade when I saw it live. Now I listen to it often and still love it,

especially the Drum break - one of the best percussion features of all time in my

opinion. I would put Scheherazade in my top 25 favorite shows of all time, but I can't say I

would put it at the top. 2009 on the other hand goes in my top 10!

Edited by madalumni

I saw it at the Alamodome and thought it was okay, but not spectacular. The main thing I remember about that performance these years later is the guard's "swishing" noises as they walked out from all of the bells on them - it was kind of distracting at times during the show. That said, they did play the heck out of that show.

Now as a DCP person, that show was very much the crowd favorite on the board that year.

Mike

Hi everyone.

I've been listening to SCV 04 a lot lately and I just wanted to spread a little love. WOW! What a show! :grouphug: I'm disappointed that I wasn't yet acquainted with Drum Corps at the time, because I would have loved to have seen this show live. I guess my question is this: To those of you who saw the show live, was it very memorable for you and was it a favorite of the '04 season? I know it wasn't the cleanest show in the world, but for some reason listening to the MP3 gives me an emotional high only rivaled by listening to Spartacus 08 (I was there at finals) and a few other shows.

Thanks.

I was at championships....SCV tore it up with that show, and received a far greater response than Devs or Cavs, who finished ahead of them.........how they lost effect is beyond comprehension..............they did win percussion.....I've been doing this for 35 years, and their show in 04 was one of the greats, and definitely memorable..........

GB

Hi everyone.

I've been listening to SCV 04 a lot lately and I just wanted to spread a little love. WOW! What a show! :grouphug: I'm disappointed that I wasn't yet acquainted with Drum Corps at the time, because I would have loved to have seen this show live. I guess my question is this: To those of you who saw the show live, was it very memorable for you and was it a favorite of the '04 season? I know it wasn't the cleanest show in the world, but for some reason listening to the MP3 gives me an emotional high only rivaled by listening to Spartacus 08 (I was there at finals) and a few other shows.

Thanks.

I did see this performance live at the Moonlight Classic in Stockton, CA at the age of 10 and I can honestly say that the only show I remember was Summer Train Blues Mix. I also attended the Tournament of Champions show in San Jose, CA, which was held after championships, and the only shows I remember were Summer Train Blues Mix and Madisonic. I do not regret to tell you that that show wasn't that great.

I did see this performance live at the Moonlight Classic in Stockton, CA at the age of 10 and I can honestly say that the only show I remember was Summer Train Blues Mix. I also attended the Tournament of Champions show in San Jose, CA, which was held after championships, and the only shows I remember were Summer Train Blues Mix and Madisonic. I do not regret to tell you that I think that show wasn't that great.

Fixed. DCP may be a cesspool of hatred for DCI, but your opinion is still just that - YOUR opinion.