Probably beat to death....

I thought it was funny that cavies housed with scouts during TOC, i bet thats not what they were looking forward too...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along w/ the Bluecoat Tenor who march w/ 1/2 his foot damaged in Iraq (90?), there was a one armed soprano who marched Cavies in 81 and I believe VK had a pit member in 84 as well who were all given the opportunity to perform.

John Hord LOST half a foot to an Iraqi mine (Gulf War I, 1991), but yeah, he marched the whole show in pain. Didn't know about the Cavies sop....will have ti look for him on the vid. The VK guy, IIRC, had an artificial leg, which put him in the pit (bearded guy...got some camera time)....I think he passed from cancer shortly after the season?

There was a one-armed Blue Knights horn player about 10 yrs ago IIRC, who marched for several seasons-I think I remember seeing him for at least three seasons.

All DCI corps discriminate on the basis of age.

And they all discriminate against the handicapped.

So why do people focus on the 2 that discriminate based on gender?

Women are given "reasonable accommodation" to march in DCI. Over 90% of the membership positions are open to either gender.

People over 22 are given no accommodation whatsoever in DCI. The handicapped are given very little. Either of those could be grounds for a successful lawsuit.

People over 22 are afforded DCA DRUM CORPS. Not junior won't grow up corps. NOT all corps discriminate against the handicapped. I know the Colt Cadets had a horn player who couldn't march due to a leg malformation and she sat on a stool next to the pit. She is now part of the pit. There was also a horn player for another corps who was restricted to a motorized wheelchair and he not only participated he SOLO'D. Women are given 90% while men are afforded 100%. Sounds pretty fair to me :thumbup: I don't even have to mention the mid 80s Cadet soloist with one hand....

Edited by 84skyrydr

I'm sure for every one woman against their uniqueness there are ten in favor of it!

Count me among the 10!

Look, as a female I never said to myself "I want to change the Madison Scouts or the Cavaliers by suing them." I have no problem with single-gender associations. I never thought the Boy Scouts needed girls, or the Girl Scouts needed boys. The list goes on.

Is it June yet?!?!?!

Count me among the 10!

Look, as a female I never said to myself "I want to change the Madison Scouts or the Cavaliers by suing them." I have no problem with single-gender associations. I never thought the Boy Scouts needed girls, or the Girl Scouts needed boys. The list goes on.

Is it June yet?!?!?!

And teh Girl Scouts have better cookies...

*Thin Mints...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

1990 bluecoats had a soprano player who's arms didn't fully grow. they basically ended at the elbows where he had fingers. He does all of the horn visuals, just not as big as everyone else due to his shorter arms.

ALL?? You are proven wrong by the deaf soprano in 82 BD, the deaf drummer who has posted here within the last year, Barbara Maroney and her missing left forearm in Garfield, the very sight-impaired tenor in 07 BD, CourtofHonorMember who is blind and still plays in the pit, and the Oregon Crusader from 07 was was in the wheelchair..and with a physical impairment that would leave most people in a crying heap.

ALL corps most certainly do NOT discriminate against the handicapped.

we, the Bluecoats, also had a deaf bass drummer in 1986 (6th bass)