Capital Regiment Inactive

Yes, the food truck has a shower in it...lol. All of our trucks are for a WC corps...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best ways to make money is to be a non profit. As the head of a non profit someone could say thier salary is $x which could be 70% of the income of the non profit. As long has they spend the remaining percentage on whatever it is thier supposed to no one can say anything. Alot of non profits who solicit funds have a very small return on donated dollars.

IKEA is owned by a Dutch non-profit. Very complicated.

http://www.economist.com/businessfinance/P...tory_id=6919139

Who cares... as long has we have the top 12, the best of the best who cares about Cap Regiment not fielding. They never had a chance of winning. If it keeps the big boys strong and they can still bring in an audience who cares.........

top 12?? um last season they were top 12!! give that group more respect!! i hope they return and i hope they win just to prove you wrong

He was being sarcastic.

Nope. In fact, one of the signs of a well-run non-profit is that they DO show a surplus at the end of the year. I'm much more comfortable supporting those orgs who can show me that they know how to run themselves responsibly and that they are able to generate enough revenue across the board that they can build a cash reserve to use for expansion or rainy days. THOSE orgs are the ones who'll be using my contribution to actually do what they're supposed to be doing rather than using it to pay off past creditors.

Non-profit simply means that the Board members and others who contribute to the organization do it with no expectation of personal profit-taking out of the organization's revenues. As far as Exec Directors being on the Board, that's more common than not, though they ED is usually in an ex-officio position when it comes to major financial votes. If they only had 3 Board members, it's unlikely that he was refraining from voting.

In Illinois you can have a non-profit with as few as 3 Board members too, but once you're doing more than a hundred thousand a year in revenues, there'd be some expectation that the Board will have grown to meet the increased needs of fundraising and governance that go along with bigger budgets. Not too many foundation grants will go to those who don't have an actual functioning outside Board.

A net zero on the books and money in the bank are very different things. Of course you have to hold out money for operating expenses, projected costs for the first quarter .. etc etc etc. But money in almost always equals money OUT on a tax return for non profits.

A net zero on the books and money in the bank are very different things. Of course you have to hold out money for operating expenses, projected costs for the first quarter .. etc etc etc. But money in almost always equals money OUT on a tax return for non profits.

Huh??? Every audit report I ever hear reports the money in the bank as on the books. If the books don't show all the assets then the groups butt's gonna be in a sling. And the groups bank balance is allowed to go up as part of long term planning.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Huh??? Every audit report I ever hear reports the money in the bank as on the books. If the books don't show all the assets then the groups butt's gonna be in a sling. And the groups bank balance is allowed to go up as part of long term planning.

Don't try and figure that kind of statement out, Jim. The majority of corps that have folded over the last 35+ years have done so because the people running them were drum corps people, and not business people. They THINK they understand finances and economics, but they really do not. Much like 90% of the people that post on DCP.

You know it, and I know it, but most of them don't.

• 2 weeks later...
... They also run their own "home show" and I think they will still run it this year.

The home show (Artistry-in-Motion) is a huge money pit, especially since being held at Crew Stadium.

At this point, I think Rick should merge his show with the Dublin show. Or go back to hosting it at (far cheaper) Walnut Ridge HS. Or another affordable location (just remembered the utility pole on the 50 yard line at Walnut Ridge). Crew Stadium is just too expensive to make sense, especially with the small, so-so slate DCI has given him recently. Even Phantom has the sense to hold a home show in an affordable stadium.

For those unfamiliar: http://www.crewstadium.com/

Personally, I'd like to see DCA held here.

Yea, you're right. BUT DEFINTELY do not want to see any DCI event hosted at Walnut Ridge HS. That place is horrible. I think I have something against from staying there all the time, but the "stadium" isn't great at all. I'm sure there are other stadiums, but I could see the reason for the Artistry in Motion show being at Crew Stadium

1- It's in Columbus. Cap Reg is pretty much the the capital's corps.

2- They used to be WC so the money to run the show wouldn't have been a problem back then.

3- It's a hell of a nice stadium.

1- It's in Columbus. Cap Reg is pretty much the the capital's corps.

--- Virtually nobody in Columbus is aware of the corps; they are fixed on the OSU Band. "TBDBITL"

2- They used to be WC so the money to run the show wouldn't have been a problem back then.

--- It has been a costly "necessary evil" since it went to Crew Stadium

3- It's a hell of a nice stadium.

--- Like I said, I'd like to see DCA held there someday. DCA is held at a (smaller) stadium in Rochester.