Lucas Oil Stadium Director Discusses 'Sound Ideas'

Hey, I just hear the same thing that ticket sales are great every year... haven't heard much about those actual ticket sales though... and actual attendance numbers. INfo that DCI hasn't provided the past two seasons.

It would be nice to see exactly how the organization is fairing in these tough times. Maybe Bob can give us info on this.

I feel like we shouldn't have to pry information out of DCI through Bob or anyone else. There is no transparency in DCI at all.

And ANY and EVERY fan has a right to be skeptical about ANYTHING. Especially after this LOS fiasco.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just hear the same thing that ticket sales are great every year... haven't heard much about those actual ticket sales though... and actual attendance numbers. INfo that DCI hasn't provided the past two seasons.

It would be nice to see exactly how the organization is fairing in these tough times. Maybe Bob can give us info on this.

I feel like we shouldn't have to pry information out of DCI through Bob or anyone else. There is no transparency in DCI at all.

And ANY and EVERY fan has a right to be skeptical about ANYTHING. Especially after this LOS fiasco.

b/c it's pathetically bad?

Yeah.. they were very quick to announce numbers after 2007. Maybe they are afraid of any negative PR?

Hence why they would say ticket sales are strong every year. And they can get away with saying that... cause no one outside of the people running the show actually knows how ticket sales are going year to year.

You are way beyond skeptical when you accuse a DCI marketing person of flat-out lying about advance ticket sales....and everyone else of "sucking up".

Knowing Bob Jacobs from a wide range of drum corps-related situations over the years, I can certainly vouch for him being a straight-shooter (and one of the most articulate ones at that). And I don't think you'll get the same feedback on just "anyone connected to a corps", as you say.

Heh. OK. Go find my post where I call him a flat out lier. You won't find it. The only thing I'm accusing him of is doing what he does as a marketer of the product. I'm skeptical, you're not. Better get those tix ordered, because apparently the stadium's going to be full.

Heh. OK. Go find my post where I call him a flat out lier. You won't find it. The only thing I'm accusing him of is doing what he does as a marketer of the product. I'm skeptical, you're not. Better get those tix ordered, because apparently the stadium's going to be full.

To the extent that, as a marketer, he endorces and speaks enthusiastically about his product, I would call Bob guilty. All selling includes convincing you that the product's features will produce benefits to you. Good marketing doesn't include misrepresenting the product as something it's not. Your connotation is that Bob is intentionally misleading in order to sell his product. Do you understand that we'd see his lie personally in August? Do you suppose he'd know that and still put his career reputation on the line? I don't remember Bob being out in front of this two years ago to convince us that the Can would be fine. Don't confuse him with what came before him or what his superiors are telling him. If he were the stupid shil you suggest it's fair to say he'd not eat for long, and he couldn't sustain a 20 year marketing career either.

You obviously don't appreciate being marketed to, and that's OK. I think most here treat Bob and info line to DCI as a benefit to our knowledge base, with a healthy trust that we'd smell him out if he were a rat. So we're willing to listen to him until it's proven that we shouldn't.

You'd do well to take the same tact.

anyone who listens to what they are told, based on no hard evidence, and just takes that info for granted, is stupid. Yeah we are taught to do that in drum corps, but in real life you can't just assume everything that people in charge say is true. Are we really that so far gone from democracy in this country? Sorry I'll back away from the politics.

We have a right to be skeptical until we get some cold hard proof and facts.

all they have to do is tell us valid numbers...

transparency is wonderful sometimes...

all they have to do is tell us valid numbers...

transparency is wonderful sometimes...

That is all I ask for. and DCI has NO transparency. Especially for a non-profit... they would probably get more donations if they were just more open about things.