Goodbye to the "00s"

maybe some of us are still waiting to get our money back. am i the only one who feels like i didn't get my $1's worth? :thumbs-up:

But I spent it to go to finals. I thought that's what it was for. :thumbs-up:

Oh, and one more thing I'll remember. Going to finals for the first time since 2000 back in 2007. Thank DCI for taking finals to Cali that year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV 2009 - a beautiful, beautiful show.

Blue Stars hitting top 12 again.

Slightly off topic but seeing my eldest march his first show at high school - I teared up big time. Here's hoping he marches Colt Cadets in 2010.

-2007 - the year it felt like we had 7 top-3 shows

We did have 7 top 3 shows....I agree.

-the Cadet's hornline in 2007

Thanks. :thumbs-up:

After being away from the activity from 1988,

I found drum corps again in '99 in Allentown.

Went to Finals from 00-04, was in Denver but had to leave before things even got started.

Seeing Finals at home in Foxboro was an experience that I will always cherish.

As for the corps,

1. Cavies from '00-'03 redefining what movement could be and doing it so elegantly.

2. BD, my all time favorite corps doing a show that I still cannot stand behind today, Dance Derby '05, no matter how much I love them.

3. BAC's RED show from 2000, easily one of the most moving shows I have ever seen.

But the one that stands out for me above all the others is...

PR's 2005 show of Rhapsody. It's the best integrated and most entertaining show I have seen in a long, long time and will always stay with me as one of the all time greats.

Getting introduced to the activity in 2004

Seeing my first show in 2005 in Normal, Illinois

Marching my first show in Annapolis, MD in 2007

Beating every corps in competition at least once in a single season.

2008 being one of the hardest and most fun summers ever. Also the most rewarding.

2009 being a lot of fun as a season, but finals retreat being just... wrong.

I just noticed that I read all 4 pages of this topic and not one person returned the happy holidays. So much for holiday spirit.

You can adjust your board preferences for how many posts to put on each page and perhaps should do so. Your comment above was still on page one of my viewing. It might not have seemed so bad if you were still on page one.

And Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a premature Happy Arbor Day wish. :thumbs-up:

Merry Christmas, all!

I first learned about drum corps during my freshman year of high school in 2002. I auditioned for a drum corps in 2006 and again in 2007. I marched my first season of drum corps in 2007 with a corps entirely different than my original "dream corps." I aged out of a World Class drum corps in 2009 after not intending to march that season at all. This corps appeared in finals twice this decade. I had the honor of being apart of that second finalist corps during my first season. Living the dream is what I will remember about drum corps from 2000-2009.