Drum Corps moments of the decade

Phantom Regiment with a brilliant move by show designers to alter the ending of Spartacus in 2008 at the DM podium right before Championships was the signature move of the decade in my opinion. Keep in mind that it is doubtful that in a Title won by a matter of a tenth that Phantom Regiment would have beaten BD otherwise. It was just the inspiration the Corps needed to provide them that extra spark at the end of the year to catapult them to victory.

Is that when they decided to actually kill the DM instead of pretending to kill the DM?

Actually, was this a last minute thing? Or was it planned all along? Just wondering.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that when they decided to actually kill the DM instead of pretending to kill the DM?

Actually, was this a last minute thing? Or was it planned all along? Just wondering.

Others with more inside knowledge of Phantom's decision will have to chime in on this, Dr. Mickey. I really don't know the answers to this. I only know that it seemed to give the Corps that little extra spark to put that show ( and Corps ) into the winners circle.

Hmmmm... I woud have to say SCV's last company front in 2009 holy crap it was lik their 3rd standing "O" at finals. oh and dont forget phantom's faust...#### I needed a cigarette after that. And crown's entrance to the william tell with the trumpet ensemble beastin' it in 2007!! :smile:

forgot to add cadets 2003 the malaguena section yes.

I forgot to put Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Cadets 2002. That's my single favorite part of any Cadets show, ever.

Crown 2007: "And down the stretch they come!"

Phantom 2007: *stab*

Phantom 2003: Reprise

Madison 2003: The moment they hit the field

Phantom 2004: Reprise of Adios

I forgot to put Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Cadets 2002. That's my single favorite part of any Cadets show, ever.

:santa::smile::santa:

How about at the end of Samurai when the members jumped over eachother multiple times leading into the matrix move

I'll pick one moment from each year. These may not be what the majority of DCP thinks, but these are the moments that stick out to me.

2000 - SCV "Adagio for Strings"

Still my favorite. It's the one show I carry around on my iPhone and watch from time to time. There are better shows, but this one just makes me happy. Just wish I had a better recording without the #### shout outs.

I'll pick one moment from each year. These may not be what the majority of DCP thinks, but these are the moments that stick out to me.

2000 - SCV "Adagio for Strings"

2001 - SCV New Era Chant

2002 - Cavaliers "Fight Club"

2003 - Phantom "Canon"

2004 - Blue Devils screamer Cavaliers first impact

2005 - Cadets drumbreak

2006 - Phantom "Ave Maria"

2007 - Carolina Crown "William Tell Overture"

2008 - Bluecoats "The Boxer" Phantom Final Impact

2009 - SCV "Simple Gifts"

your list is incredibly close to mine!