Blue Stars Alumnus Injured In Iraq

Andy Toppin, 21, was critically injured while serving his country in Iraq. He received life-threatening injuries when an EFP (Explosively Formed Penetrator) struck his vehicle during a Military Police mission. Andy was quickly transported to the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, and is being treated for severe burns to...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...6&Itemid=39

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fellow Iraq vet, I salute you Andy. My prayers are with you and your family.

Stay strong, stay positive, and look to the future. We've got your back.

I know both Andy and his wife Ashley who I both went to high school with and they are two of the nicest people I've ever met. I was happy to run into them at a show in 2006 in the lot.

I can't even explain how many times Andy would make me laugh as he helped with the high school winter guard. A nice guy, a hard worker, and amazing soldier.

It's been a while since the accident and with the daily updates we have been receiving from Ashley he is doing better but with a long road ahead.

(Don't ask me for any information either as I will not tell)

Edited by Musical_Spinner

My thoughts and prayers are always out there for the troops. I have a friend that did two tours in Iraq, He's now been home for nearly two years. He has PTSD big time. Not being political, but a lot of young troops are hurting in so many ways.

Again, thoughts and prayers.

The whole Blue Star family is praying for Andy and all his loved ones. May his strength carry him through and may FCO once again be his motto and his guide.

+1

He will be in my prayers tonight.