San Antonio?

The 2 Houston shows aren't all day events and it's held later in the evening. It was actually quite nice last year. Unless DCI goes to the same format, it wouldn't work. And even then that format wouldn't work as a regional because it's splitting it into 2 entirely separate competitions which is already being done with the Dallas/Houston shows 2 days prior.

Edited by skajerk

The 2 Houston shows aren't all day events and it's held later in the evening. It was actually quite nice last year. Unless DCI goes to the same format, it wouldn't work. And even then that format wouldn't work as a regional because it's splitting it into 2 entirely separate competitions which is already being done with the Dallas/Houston shows 2 days prior.

The San Antonio regional also wouldn't be an all day event if split down the middle. It would work just fine, thats how they do it with Allentown every single year

Again, that would be three 2 day shows in a row. I don't think DCI would go for that.

And again, unless the corps themselves don't care how they are doing against their competition, a split regional would not work unless you do a 2 day semifinals/finals format. A regional needs to be a show where ALL the corps are on the same billing, the same day with the same judging panel. The only way I see a split show working would be semifinals/finals format. That's the only way to know how they stack up against each other.

You can say that's the way Allentown (and Dallas/Houston) does it until you're blue in the face but no matter how you say it, those are still all different shows with different corps with different panels on different nights.

Again, that would be three 2 day shows in a row. I don't think DCI would go for that.

And again, unless the corps themselves don't care how they are doing against their competition, a split regional would not work unless you do a 2 day semifinals/finals format. A regional needs to be a show where ALL the corps are on the same billing, the same day with the same judging panel. The only way I see a split show working would be semifinals/finals format. That's the only way to know how they stack up against each other.

You can say that's the way Allentown (and Dallas/Houston) does it until you're blue in the face but no matter how you say it, those are still all different shows with different corps with different panels on different nights.

I totally agree with your first paragraph. It is a lot of drum corps for one week.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying with the 2nd two. All the other regional are either split or not all the corps are there. I suppose San Antonio has been a bit of a "super regional" in the past since all the corps are there on the same day

Minneapolis (the week before San Antonio) and Atlanta (the week after) are both 1 day regionals...

DCI Minnesota (18 corps- Not counting DCA or OC corps):

All 12 '09 finalists

5 '09 quarter/semifinalists

WC rookies, Teal Sound

DCI Southwestern Championship, San Antonio (22 corps)

21 of 22 '09 corps (-Jersey Surf) + Teal Sound

DCI Atlanta Southeastern Championship (23 corps):

All 22 '09 corps + Teal Sound

I'll repeat it again... Even though all the corps will be present at Dallas, Houston and Allentown, you can't compare the show to show results! Different nights + different corps + different panels= different shows. If you split San Antonio, it'll just be the same thing that you just had in Dallas/Houston the 1 and 2 days before... no head to head results!!!

As for Allentown, yes, it's different shows on different nights, but it's not different panels. Last year, at least, the same panel judged Friday and Saturday nights in Allentown.

I emailed DCI directly with the question of when this show will happen so I can make vacation arrangements and 72 hours later I still have no inmail from them. I think they say they get back in 8. Guess my family won't be heading that way this year. Thanks for your speed in response DCI. :sigh:

OK, so its been over 8 days without a reply. Nice job with your fans DCI. You know, you could have easily replied, " We are currently working this situation out", and that would have sufficed. But NOTHING????????? :tongue::devil:

OK, so its been over 8 days without a reply. Nice job with your fans DCI. You know, you could have easily replied, " We are currently working this situation out", and that would have sufficed. But NOTHING????????? :thumbup::sad:

DCI is currently working the situation out.

There will be a show on the weekend that almost all of the World Class corps are in Texas. Based on the information found right here on DCP, it will either be a one night event on 7/24 or a two night event on 7/24 & 7/25. I am sure that DCI will let us know once they have all of the details finalized.

IIRC, there was some kind of delay with the Alamdome last year, too. I remember tickets going on sale sometime in April.

Minneapolis (the week before San Antonio) and Atlanta (the week after) are both 1 day regionals...

DCI Minnesota (18 corps- Not counting DCA or OC corps):

All 12 '09 finalists

5 '09 quarter/semifinalists

WC rookies, Teal Sound

DCI Southwestern Championship, San Antonio (22 corps)

21 of 22 '09 corps (-Jersey Surf) + Teal Sound

DCI Atlanta Southeastern Championship (23 corps):

All 22 '09 corps + Teal Sound

I'll repeat it again... Even though all the corps will be present at Dallas, Houston and Allentown, you can't compare the show to show results! Different nights + different corps + different panels= different shows. If you split San Antonio, it'll just be the same thing that you just had in Dallas/Houston the 1 and 2 days before... no head to head results!!!

For two night events in the last couple of years, they are now using the same panels both nights. Check the recaps from Allentown, Dallas, etc last year and they are the same judges - judging the same captions. It is still two different nights and two different sets of corps but they have taken out one variable.