San Antonio?

So, what's up with San Antonio? The tour schedule show that it will we on July 24th, one week later than it usually is. Ticketmaster already shows the event and has is scheduled for the 17th. The Alamodome website still doesn't even show the event, and it seem to have been recently removed for the "Mega Monday" advertisement.

So, is it gonna be on the 24th or not, and is going on sale tomorrow or not?

I would call the DCI offices first thing and ask.

So, what's up with San Antonio? The tour schedule show that it will we on July 24th, one week later than it usually is. Ticketmaster already shows the event and has is scheduled for the 17th. The Alamodome website still doesn't even show the event, and it seem to have been recently removed for the "Mega Monday" advertisement.

So, is it gonna be on the 24th or not, and is going on sale tomorrow or not?

So, what's up is, please check: http://www.dci.org/tickets/. You will clearly see that San Antonio Tickets will go on sale today at 11:00am CT. Go there and buy all the tickets you want in 25 minutes!!

http://www.dci.org/schedule/detail.cfm?eve...36-d291d554dfa3

"On-Sale Date Coming Soon!

The sale of San Antonio tickets originally scheduled for January 18 has been postponed due to circumstances beyond our control. We apologize for the inconvenience. Check back soon to get your tickets to this exciting event!"

Guess that answers my question. Kinda was hoping I'd get a poster today tho.

Edited by david.t

Oh great... guess I can stop hitting the refresh button on ticketmaster now. :thumbup:

Makes you wonder if DCI is having problems reserving the stadium because of the change in the schedule. That being said, there is something I've had on my chest for awhile... There are so many other texas stadiums that would be more suitable for hosting the Southwestern championship, or even the World Championship.

My shortlist:

The Cotton Bowl (Dallas, TX) - A great historical stadium and recently renovated. Site of the 1991 DCI World Championship. Build in Dallas' beautiful Fair Park. Has advantages of being near DFW Airport and is located on the DART public train system that connects all of the Dallas entertainment districts. Ever since LOS designers HKS build their other great masterpiece down the road, Cowboy Stadium, the Cotton Bowl no longer even hosts the actual Cotton Bowl and has been left without a purpose of sorts. DCI could solve this.

Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium (Austin, TX) - The largest outdoor stadium in Texas. On the venerable University of Texas campus. Home of the "Showband of the Southwest" Longhorn Band. This would an amazing site for a regional or world championship event. Austin is also one of the most gorgeous cities in the state and is known as the "Live Muisc Capital of the World" besides actually being the state capital. Definitely offers more in the area of tourism than San Antonio's Creekwalk. It would also be a more efficient and strategic location between Dallas and Houston. You could even talk the university to light up the Bell Tower orange and spellout "DCI" in the windows like they do for other major events. How cool would that be?

My point is Texas has so much more to offer. Why the Alamodome? There are so many more better equipped, sounding, historical, beautiful stadiums just waiting to host something like a DCI event.

Makes you wonder if DCI is having problems reserving the stadium because of the change in the schedule. That being said, there is something I've had on my chest for awhile... There are so many other texas stadiums that would be more suitable for hosting the Southwestern championship, or even the World Championship.

My shortlist:

The Cotton Bowl (Dallas, TX) - A great historical stadium and recently renovated. Site of the 1991 DCI World Championship. Build in Dallas' beautiful Fair Park. Has advantages of being near DFW Airport and is located on the DART public train system that connects all of the Dallas entertainment districts. Ever since LOS designers HKS build their other great masterpiece down the road, Cowboy Stadium, the Cotton Bowl no longer even hosts the actual Cotton Bowl and has been left without a purpose of sorts. DCI could solve this.

Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium (Austin, TX) - The largest outdoor stadium in Texas. On the venerable University of Texas campus. Home of the "Showband of the Southwest" Longhorn Band. This would an amazing site for a regional or world championship event. Austin is also one of the most gorgeous cities in the state and is known as the "Live Muisc Capital of the World" besides actually being the state capital. Definitely offers more in the area of tourism than San Antonio's Creekwalk. It would also be a more efficient and strategic location between Dallas and Houston. You could even talk the university to light up the Bell Tower orange and spellout "DCI" in the windows like they do for other major events. How cool would that be?

My point is Texas has so much more to offer. Why the Alamodome? There are so many more better equipped, sounding, historical, beautiful stadiums just waiting to host something like a DCI event.

(hint: the word dome is in the name. I don't think it's coincidence.)

I would love to see an event at DKR in Austin. It's just horribly hot there in the summer with the artificial turf.

Parking and traffic is an issue; warm up sites would be interesting. There's the parking lot for Disch-Falk field (baseball) across the freeway that might be useful as a vehicle unloading and staging area, and it's not a horrible trek from the stadium. It might even be far enough away to eliminate the annoying ambient warm up sounds you get at most shows. Hm...

My shortlist:

Two words - Air Conditioning. That's good enough for me. Seriously though - the mix up was because Ticketmaster had the event as taking place on July 17 and the merde hit the fan when they tried to sell tickets at 11 today. I was on the phone with them when it happened. They said maybe Thursday.

Edited by SFZFAN

My shortlist:

Haha, July heat? No freakin way. I think half the appeal of the Alamodome is the AC. The other half is that all the world class corps show up. (perhaps due to the AC?)

If you had a major DCI regional in Austin anywhere near the Alamodome size it would shut the city down. I mean, traffic stops in Austin on i-35 for no reason at all. None. I couldn't imagine it happening without a TON of fuss.

I would make the trip to Reliant in Houston before considering going to a DCI show for hours and hours in the heat (and I live 25 minutes from Austin). (I also would love to NEVER step foot inside the UT football stadium, my dad might disown me)

For a show this big in south TX, I'm sure DCI would rather have the reliability of a dome. You should know this by living in TX! The weather here in the summer is unpredictable (and I've come to learn it's not so reliable in the winter either!). There are thunderstorms galore where there's always the threat of possible tornadoes. In south TX, hurricane season starts in June with it really picking up in August. Now, that doesn't mean there will be any, (there weren't any last year that hit the TX gulf) but there are quite a few "scare the bajeebus out of you" storms because of the time of year. Plus, the heat + humidity is almost unbearable at times. Especially here in south TX.

That leaves:

The Alamodome in San Antonio

Reliant Stadium in Houston

Jerry's Home For Wayward Convicts up in Arlington

Edited by skajerk