San Antonio?

so anyone have a guess to which stadium they'll be using now?

Edited by GREENBLUE

so here's a question I asked and no one answered......did DCI have a contract in place that SA bailed on, or was nothing signed?

I can't believe at this stage they would have had nothing signed, so if SA did bail, DCI has legal rights they can pursue.

but if DCI has nothing signed.....then I'm sorry, I refuse to blame the Dallas Cowboys

so here's a question I asked and no one answered......did DCI have a contract in place that SA bailed on, or was nothing signed?

I can't believe at this stage they would have had nothing signed, so if SA did bail, DCI has legal rights they can pursue.

but if DCI has nothing signed.....then I'm sorry, I refuse to blame the Dallas Cowboys

the Cowboys are fair game to be blamed for anything (rainy days, night time, not doing what DCI wants, etc)

the Cowboys are fair game to be blamed for anything (rainy days, night time, not doing what DCI wants, etc)

if DCI did not have a signed contract, sorry, it's not Jones' fault

I understand the change in venue due to the Cowboy's training camp taking precedence ($$$), but why switch it to a two day event? Following the two day events in Dallas and Houston why not just make San Antonio a Saturday night top 12 event based on the average scores from the Dallas and Houston shows? Yea we'll know who at least the top 10 will be heading into Thursday but it would be a killer battle for the last 2 or 3 spots.

Also, aren't there other shows already scheduled for Sunday night (Denton, TX for one)? What will be the impact on those shows?

I understand the change in venue due to the Cowboy's training camp taking precedence ($$$), but why switch it to a two day event? Following the two day events in Dallas and Houston why not just make San Antonio a Saturday night top 12 event based on the average scores from the Dallas and Houston shows? Yea we'll know who at least the top 10 will be heading into Thursday but it would be a killer battle for the last 2 or 3 spots.

Also, aren't there other shows already scheduled for Sunday night (Denton, TX for one)? What will be the impact on those shows?

Heres my best guess. If all the corps went on one day, many corps would be starting around noon and the afternoon. I don't know if you've been to San Antonio in the summer, but its not a fun place to be at that time of day.

And the denton show is monday

Here's to hoping its at DKR Memorial at UT Austin. If they could figure out the traffic issue and stuff, it'd be sweet to have my ageout SW Championship in my hometown.

When they finally announce the SA site can someone let us know (for those of us who don't know San Antonio) if its a decent stadium. I went to Dallas last year and while the show was first class, the stadium had benches numbered to fit small high school rears. Needless to say the guy next to my wife kind of overlaped onto her (not comfy). That along with the Texas muggy weather being Africa Hot was not the best way to view a drum corps show!

Appreciate it! :smile:

When they finally announce the SA site can someone let us know (for those of us who don't know San Antonio) if its a decent stadium. I went to Dallas last year and while the show was first class, the stadium had benches numbered to fit small high school rears. Needless to say the guy next to my wife kind of overlaped onto her (not comfy). That along with the Texas muggy weather being Africa Hot was not the best way to view a drum corps show!

Appreciate it! :smile:

Funny how a dome is missed when it's gone...guess they aren't all bad after all?