Rules Changes, Day 2

Ya know as I read this one I really started to wonder weather George was some guy who just has all these ideas and throws them out there like spaghetti to see what will stick, or if perhaps he has an untreated manic personality. The three ring circus that has the potential to erupt from enacting Hoppy's proposal is clearly irresponsible whereas the DiCarlo proposal was far more concise , measured, and offered balance.

Here is the thing though if by some fluke of nature the Hopkins proposal actually passes I say the corps who goes with a pre-show based on the move "The Hangover" walks away with the prize in my book, in fact, it doesn't even matter what they do in the judged portion of the show, and yes of course to answer your question Stu's Song would be be the warmup ballad of choice!

I don't know that- but I do know this:

in 2008 the Glassmen learned a preshow that they never performed. The preshow would have included a CD track (

) being played over stadium systems (or possibly from the pit) during setup, with the corps proper coming on from the side1 endzone in a "carnival train." The pit played from about 1:00 or so on and the horns came in around 2:00 playing backfield, with the first chord of the show as the world knows it at 2:35. It would have instantly boosted GE not only because it was cool in and of itself, but because parts of the show later on ("the carnival is over: reprise) were heavily dependent on the audience knowing what was being reprised in the first place.

Obviously it never happened. The horns learned drill and music and the pit learned music and practiced playing with the track at the glassbowl, but for any number of reasons (questionable legality, particularly if the backing track ran long, less pit setup time, difficulties of synching things across the ensemble, questionable stadium audio quality, etc.) it was pulled before the first show. I'm not 100% sure but I remember Brian Hickman telling the corps it was in a gray area and not to expect too much.

So I don't know if this sort of thing is legal now, but it would certainly be if Hops gets his way. It would still be very difficult to use effectively, but every new rule change opens up room good and bad.

we only learned 3 different beginnings :laughing:. I remember the first one guard members were supposed to dance with a few members.