What show should I show?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you have a good sound system, and then crank the volume as loud as it'll go.

Crown '09, beginning to the first big hit.......................................

:sad::lol::ph34r::sad::lol:

And someone else mentioned the '09 BAC guard for the guys.........................................

:lol:

'85 Suncoast Sound- A Florida Suite. Especially Midnight in Miami to the end.

You guys didn't think I was going to let that go unnoticed, did you?

:ph34r:

If you are showing Drum Corps to people who have no idea what it is, and normally wouldn't care, I recommend that you start by playing one of the well produced DCI canned promo spots that they use for the movie theaters. They look fantastic, and they do exactly what you need: introduce people to the activity in the shortest time possible. Now, the actual drum corps clip could be anyone, but I would advise editing 2008 Phantom and showing the intro or the end or both. It's a recent, high quality recording, almost everyone will know "Spartacus" and feel comfortable with the subject (no lengthy explanation necessary), and and the show is exciting.

Good luck! Matty

My vote is for the 1986 Sky Ryders "Wizard of Oz" which is accessble to everyone.

Since he actually marched BAC 09, I just think it makes sense to show that video. It was a very fan-freindly show to begin with, plus it has the added benefit of him actually being out there on the field performing it........just my 2 cents. What a great way to educate someone about the activity.....

I'm still compiling video clips, but I'm thinking of showing snippets of shows spliced together. What I have so far, in alphabetical order (because that's how my video files are sorted):

BAC '09 - section before the first Bacchanale, where the hornline's in groups of 4

Cadets '00 - hornline feature where they play each other's horns

Cadets '07 - final company front to the end

Crown '09 - Puck

SCV '89 - first impact

I might throw in the Conquest segment of BAC '08 (I marched then, too) as well.

Edited by KingDubya

Since he actually marched BAC 09, I just think it makes sense to show that video. It was a very fan-freindly show to begin with, plus it has the added benefit of him actually being out there on the field performing it........just my 2 cents. What a great way to educate someone about the activity.....

True. That should work. He could speak from personal experience on his Boston 09 show just as you said.

I applaud him in attempting to bring in more people to the ativity too. I wish him well in this regard.

Edited by BRASSO