Could the new pre-show rule lead to woodwinds?

Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's unlcear at this point.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD IS GOOD .

Closed mindedness in this regard is usually a lack of musical education.

Its music we are talking about. The ART and pageantry of drum corps.

When people booed Bob Dylan for going electric. were they out of line ?

listen first.

good is good. however when I go to see the symphony, I don't expect a rock band...i go to see a symphony. When I go to a hockey game, I go to see hockey, not Nascar.

when i go see a drum corps, I want a drum corps., if i want a true blue marching band with woodwinds, I know I'll have a ton of shows locally and nationwide to choose from beginning in September.

personally, electric or accoustic, I think Dylan sucks

Except I don't see anyone looking to use WW 'without...permission'.

It's all hypothetical for woodwinds at this point. But nobody has bothered to ask me if it is ok. Just like they didn't ask me about electronic sound generators or amplifiers.

Of course DCI can do anything it darn well pleases. And I can be sad at the erosion and dissipation of a once unique voice in the music world.

All because someone else prefers chocolate sauce on my vanilla ice cream.

It's all hypothetical for woodwinds at this point. But nobody has bothered to ask me if it is ok. Just like they didn't ask me about electronic sound generators or amplifiers.

Of course DCI can do anything it darn well pleases. And I can be sad at the erosion and dissipation of a once unique voice in the music world.

All because someone else prefers chocolate sauce on my vanilla ice cream.

Well, to take your example one step further, your vanilla ice cream is still there. Adding chocolate sauce, while maybe not for everyone, is certainly a valid ice cream addition that can enhance the overall dish, provided you don't use too much. Some folks even like to add bananas, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Guess what? It's still vanilla ice cream.

The trick is to figure out what proportions of each addition make the dish tasty, and not a mess. You can't please everyone, but you can please most people.

(and no, the average DCP poster isn't 'most people')

Well, to take your example one step further, your vanilla ice cream is still there. Adding chocolate sauce, while maybe not for everyone, is certainly a valid ice cream addition that can enhance the overall dish, provided you don't use too much. Some folks even like to add bananas, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Guess what? It's still vanilla ice cream.

No it's not. It's a sundae.

The trick is to figure out what proportions of each addition make the dish tasty, and not a mess. You can't please everyone, but you can please most people.

Go play with your own sundae circuit. Leave my vanilla ice cream alone.

Here's a thought. Go take a magic marker to the Louvre and see what the management has to say about improving the Mona Lisa... it is pretty drab after all.

I once had jalapeno ice cream. It was nasty.

Here in southeastern PA, we have the mushroom capital of the US. Every year, Kennett Square has a Mushroom Festival, and the serve mushroom ice cream. Interesting, but not something I'd want every day. Sort of the food world equivalent of 1995 Crossmen :)

No it's not. It's a sundae.

Actually, it's not a sundae without the sauce. Straight from the definition:

"The sundae is an ice cream dessert. It typically consists of a scoop of ice cream topped with sauce or syrup, and in some cases other toppings including chopped nuts, whipped cream, or maraschino cherries."

Of course, if you don't like DCI's wide-variety ice cream shop, feel free to open your own, go somewhere else (the DCA alumni show serves a nice vanilla, though it's of an older vintage. Stay away from the DCA compeitive shop though, they are expanding to include a lot of DCI's flavors).

Of course, you could stay at home with your plain bowl of ice cream bought at the local Acme/Giant/Publix/Safeway. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Edited by Kamarag