Rumble in Rochester

tradition

This Weekend is the Rumble in Rochester. A big thank you goes out to Dick Hoppe and the Gates Chili guards for hosting this regional. It is really wonderful to have a regional back in NY again! Spectrum would like to wish everyone good luck and safe travels this weekend.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it was ridiculous that world guards couldnt perform if there score was below a 65. And scores were very low! especially is SW. i dont think those guards were placed correctly in my opinion.

I agree - It really wasn't fun having to tell my members that we won prelims but couldn't perform in Finals. Would it really have hurt the the judges to let us (Sonnor) perform in finals. Really, really disappointed by how all of that was handled!

Later,

Mike

Sonnor 1986 - 2010

Congrats to the Gates Chili folks for hosting a wonderfully executed regional! Thank you bringing a regional back to the area!

I agree - It really wasn't fun having to tell my members that we won prelims but couldn't perform in Finals. Would it really have hurt the the judges to let us (Sonnor) perform in finals. Really, really disappointed by how all of that was handled!

Later,

Mike

Sonnor 1986 - 2010

yes, i agree! The hosts of the show couldnt perform? and people traveling from farther places go and only get one chance? And it is only a world class rule.

yes, i agree! The hosts of the show couldnt perform? and people traveling from farther places go and only get one chance? And it is only a world class rule.

As bad as I felt for us (Sonnor) - I felt horrible for Gates Chili - to organise the whole regional and not be allowed to perform (again by only 3 points) was so wrong. I can't imagine having to break that news to high school aged kids.

Later,

Mike

As bad as I felt for us (Sonnor) - I felt horrible for Gates Chili - to organise the whole regional and not be allowed to perform (again by only 3 points) was so wrong. I can't imagine having to break that news to high school aged kids.

Later,

Mike

Heart Breaking ..YES for sure , and I do feel for them, Should they perform in finals if they dont belong there because they are the host, No I dont thinks so. Telling kids they didnt make a finals High School or independent is awful BUT it happens every year , every regional , every Championshioship. It's the Heart Break of competition, plain and simple. Just stings worse when it come home.

Heart Breaking ..YES for sure , and I do feel for them, Should they perform in finals if they dont belong there because they are the host, No I dont thinks so. Telling kids they didnt make a finals High School or independent is awful BUT it happens every year , every regional , every Championshioship. It's the Heart Break of competition, plain and simple. Just stings worse when it come home.

See that's the problem - they did "belong" there - It's a very fine and subjective line between a 62% and 65% - it's not like the score given was a 50% in which case I would totally agree, as I understand the need for the "minimum score rule" in World class - but I also think that judges need to realize that scoreing groups just under that score at regionals is petty - all it does is keep groups from having another chance to perform - and it certainly won't affect rankings or scoring at WGI

Later,

Mike