Rumble in Rochester

tradition

I agree, Both shows in IW deserved to performed again in finals. I loved Sonnor show and Lake Erie show I balded my eyes out by the end with my sister and friend. I also thought Gates should of made finals they were very good in prelims. It seem this weekend at Rochester scores were WAY low some groups dropped 10-15 points in some cases compared to locals shows that are judge on WGI sheets. I thought the regional itself was GREAT. Great venue, great people running it. I hope that it comes back next year, they can't be blamed for the judging.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seem this weekend at Rochester scores were WAY low some groups dropped 10-15 points in some cases compared to locals shows that are judge on WGI sheets.

I think its odd that these judges are supposed to go by the same guidelines, and the Rochester scores were very low and the Austin scores were very high in comparison to the local circuit scores.

I think its odd that these judges are supposed to go by the same guidelines, and the Rochester scores were very low and the Austin scores were very high in comparison to the local circuit scores.

From regional to regional there should be some sense of all this scoring BUT WGI to local could be a very big difference even using the same sheets. It really depends on the local judges..are they WGI As far as regionals you would hope that you can get an idea of where you stand and you can to a point BUT until everyone gets together especialy if you are within I would say 3 to 5 points its a crap shoot and things can be very inconsistant. Unfotunately when a guard does not make a finals at a regional Its sending a loud and clear message.

yeah i believe the scores were EXTREMELY lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Amen Casey!

Heart Breaking ..YES for sure , and I do feel for them, Should they perform in finals if they dont belong there because they are the host, No I dont thinks so. Telling kids they didnt make a finals High School or independent is awful BUT it happens every year , every regional , every Championshioship. It's the Heart Break of competition, plain and simple. Just stings worse when it come home.

Here's what really stinks about this. The three SW groups were SO finalists last year and got promoted up to SW this year. Then the system works against them when a group does not make finals at a regional.

Here is the conflict with this policy. The minimum score policy is meant to maintain a level of quality and assure that groups don't put themselves in world class just to assure a place in finals (or some otehr such wording in the WGi guidebook). Well, these groups did not chose to go into SW, they were promoted by WGI. So to me these two policies are in conflict with each other.

Edited by combia1

Here's what really stinks about this. The three SW groups were SO finalists last year and got promoted up to SW this year. Then the system works against them when a group does not make finals at a regional.

Here is the conflict with this policy. The minimum score policy is meant to maintain a level of quality and assure that groups don't put themselves in world class just to assure a place in finals (or some otehr such wording in the WGi guidebook). Well, these groups did not chose to go into SW, they were promoted by WGI. So to me these two policies are in conflict with each other.

Same problem with World class - if you have members over the age of 21 - you have to compete in World - it isn't a "choice"

Later,

Mike

Same problem with World class - if you have members over the age of 21 - you have to compete in World - it isn't a "choice"

Later,

Mike

I definetly agree with everything hear. And seeing some shows on the fan network and in person, these Rochester Scores were very very low. Maybe the judges didnt look at what sheets people were on LOL. Anyways, I think the Northeast will bounce back, there were many great guards in the top of A, IA, IO, SW and IW that I believe got screwed big time, but they are fighters and will show everyone how great they really are :)

It is pretty simple to me that the higher ups at WGI don’t care what happens to some of the groups. Given Gates Chili's History within the activity I am sure they were not an embarrassment in the class. Not to mention that they were PROMOTED BY WGI into the class and at the first national event they get kicked in the face.

How heartbreaking for the members, parents, staff and school administrators to have that happen at their own regional. I wouldn’t be surprised if the school district would never host a regional in that facility again.

Not to take away from Sonnor or Lake Erie who didn’t get to perform in finals. It is crappy for them as well.

Best of luck to all three non qualifiers for the rest of the season.

And some wonder why the membership is declining in WGI...... hmm......

It is pretty simple to me that the higher ups at WGI don’t care what happens to some of the groups. Given Gates Chili's History within the activity I am sure they were not an embarrassment in the class. Not to mention that they were PROMOTED BY WGI into the class and at the first national event they get kicked in the face.

How heartbreaking for the members, parents, staff and school administrators to have that happen at their own regional. I wouldn’t be surprised if the school district would never host a regional in that facility again.

Not to take away from Sonnor or Lake Erie who didn’t get to perform in finals. It is crappy for them as well.

Best of luck to all three non qualifiers for the rest of the season.

And some wonder why the membership is declining in WGI...... hmm......

I agree.....politics as usual