Its about time for this I presume

Um, you're sure, sure? Really? Because I think you're going to be surprised at how many butts are in the seats.

I never said there werent people there...all I said was that people can book late and still get into the show....so yes, I'm sure. Besides, after all the horror stories of people who bought their tickets last january and wound up on the 20 yard line anyway, does it really matter?

Edit... because i realized you took my entire statement out of context (surprise!). I said I was sure some people dont plan on going to finals (say, in february), and then in the summer get the itch, and go anyway (especially if they live close). You of course, saw "People dont plan on going to finals" and jumped on it. Must be nice to treat commas like periods...and I thought i was the one living in Europe :tongue:

Edited by euponitone

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? They finished out of the top 3 once in the last decade. People saying that they are on a competitive down slide are just not informed. From what I have seen from them at camps, they are going to be just fine. In comparison to this time last year, they are in much better shape... at least from what I have seen so far at camps.

lol exactly what i said earlier

probably zero. I bet most people who have finals tickets acquire them before the season starts.

REALLY? Most people buy the tickets before the season starts? I've never done that. I may purchase a month early, but I've never purchased a ticket before the season starts. Maybe we should take a poll. I'm truly curious.

lol exactly what i said earlier

The funny thing about that is this; Is a corps like the cavies ever UNPREPARED when it comes to the winter camp season? I mean when was the last time they were way behind getting the music done, or had major problems filling out their line, or just in general looked less than stellar. It just seems like a hard thing to compare and measure when they are so consistantly good, especially in the preparation phase. Hell, we thought we were world beaters in the winter of 2006 at cadets....the talent seemed to be there, practices were going fine, and the show seemed even better designed and was done earlier than 05. Remind me of how that went though :tongue:

REALLY? Most people buy the tickets before the season starts? I've never done that. I may purchase a month early, but I've never purchased a ticket before the season starts. Maybe we should take a poll. I'm truly curious.

Yeah, i know its not like everyone buys their finals tickets at allentown, but suggesting the number of late buyers is zero is, well, silly

The funny thing about that is this; Is a corps like the cavies ever UNPREPARED when it comes to the winter camp season? I mean when was the last time they were way behind getting the music done, or had major problems filling out their line, or just in general looked less than stellar. It just seems like a hard thing to compare and measure when they are so consistantly good, especially in the preparation phase. Hell, we thought we were world beaters in the winter of 2006 at cadets....the talent seemed to be there, practices were going fine, and the show seemed even better designed and was done earlier than 05. Remind me of how that went though :tongue:

Last year.

Last year.

If you say so. Just understand that you may not have all the credibility in the world, unless you reveal yourself to be somehow involved with the organization... and i've never thought of the cavies as a corps that airs their dirty laundry on dcp (to their credit)

In my serious response to Chaddy...

I just love hearing people get on here ad nauseum defending why the team with a gazillion years experience and 900 championships MUST and WILL pull it out because there is NO WAY those inferior creamies can pull it off by the end of the season....

...yet they did... and they did it again last year. Eventually Cadets will pass them back up and all will be right in the world, but it was nice witnessing the "impossible" even though many predicted it would happen.

Now as far as I go... I could give a crap about placement. I'd like to see Crown win because it would be cool. But the bottom line is that this is just marching band and I'm going to wake up the day after Finals and eat my Cheerios and the sun will come up and my wife will nag me to take out the trash....

Does it really matter? ...not really

Cheers. May the best team win

Oh there are certainly honks aligned with any corps. I myself have more than my fair share of Cadet-honky statements. And this being DCP, the honkiness is normally pointed out within .0384 seconds. Even those less inclined to be honks will still prattle on about how or why corps X should've beaten corps Y.

You stating that you're excited to see folks like myself get our panties in a bunch is really no different than those that get on here posting with their panties in a bunch. Especially when you're excited for that to happen in February.... these corps haven't even seen a football field this year yet (at least on the east coast cause they're all under 15 tons of snow).

That said, I can relate to your enthusiasm for your corps. I too am pumped for this season. While I know more about what the Cadets have lined up, I find I have more anticipation to find out what Crown is going to put out this year. I feel they are certainly the "newbie" corps that has the best shot to dethrone the Usual Suspects.

But if the trash talking is going to start earlier, awesome. :) If nothing else, it helps pass the time.

GO BANDS!!!

If you say so. Just understand that you may not have all the credibility in the world, unless you reveal yourself to be somehow involved with the organization... and i've never thought of the cavies as a corps that airs their dirty laundry on dcp (to their credit)

Oh no. I am not involved with the corps. I just live in the chicago area and sometimes I stop by and check out the corps. Regardless, I am not looking for credibility on a site like DCP. Anyways, they looked (and sounded) younger last year and I think they will be more than fine this year. That is all I am saying.

Oh no. I am not involved with the corps. I just live in the chicago area and sometimes I stop by and check out the corps. Regardless, I am not looking for credibility on a site like DCP. Anyways, they looked (and sounded) younger last year and I think they will be more than fine this year. That is all I am saying.

Okey Dokey - nothing wrong with basic observation and opinions...even if they are fairly in line with what we hear from most corps every year

But, how in the world could you not want DCP street cred??? It can really open some doors in both your personal and professional life!